Chapter 4

Asher's POV

Wait, what?!

Why would she have a secretary? It's not like she owns a business or something. She is way too young to be in a position like that. Yet, I don't really know that much about her. Once the person calling stops I decide to call my number in since surprisingly it doesn't have a passcode. Once I did, I save her phone number. You never know when it could be helpful.

I put her phone back in my pocket and continue focusing in class brushing my thoughts to the side. After a long boring lecture school is finally over and I try to head out the school quickly enough to find Vanessa. I go to the front door and I don't see Vanessa coming out. Maybe I missed her passing by. I begin walking to my car until I see her figure walking across the street. I quickly run towards her and yell, "Vanessa wait up!" I see that she doesn't stop walking so I thought that maybe she didn't hear me. I continue running and catch up to her. "Vanessa..." I said in the softest voice possible because the earlier events came into my mind. I continue, "Your phone fell in Calculus class so I wanted to return it." She grabs her phone out of my hand and says, "oh... umm...t-t-thanks..." That was probably the most adorable thing. I push that thought away and say, "Well are you okay?" "Umm...yeah I'm okay, thanks for asking." Well, that makes me feel somewhat better. "Well, I'll text you later?" I ask. She agrees and I leave not after giving her a smile.

After some time I get home and see my dad in the living room with a serious expression across his face. I guess they called him about being late to school. "Son, why were you late to school?" he simply asks. "Dad, I was up all night finishing a project so that I can get my grade up in English so I overslept," I say hoping that he believes it. "Okay fine you got off the hook today but you better get to school on time or say goodbye to all your cars. Before you leave, don't make any plans next week on Monday since we will be going to Miss Lee's house." I just nod my head and head to my room. I'm actually quite excited. Miss Lee is one of the most successful people with her clothing and makeup line so she has a really big house. She also has a really good taste for cars.

After dinner and finishing my homework I remember about saving Vanessa's number. Should I call her or text her? I guess I should probably text her since we don't really know each other.

Vanessa😸

Me: Hii|

Me: Hi|

Me: H|

Me: Hey, Vanessa :)

After a mental battle with myself, I finally text something that should be alright.

---

I apologize since this is a short chapter. Don't forget to vote, comment, and share it.