Chapter 45

Vanessa's POV

"We did it bitches!" Noah yells as we exit the school. Of course, everyone turned to look at us. They laughed at Noah's remark, they probably agree with his enthusiasm.

"Such a role model Noah," Mrs. Anderson chimes in. Noah turns to look at his parents with a face of horror.

"Sorry?" Noah says unsurely.

"Hey son, don't worry about it, this is your grand day, all of you as well! Should we celebrate it with some food?" Mr. Anderson says.

"That would be nice for the kids, lunch is on me!" Mrs. Martinez says out of nowhere. She hugs Asher and congratulates him. He looks at her mother with so much admiration.

We were surrounded by our parents, except for me and Emily. I knew my mom was busy, after all, I told her to not worry about it. The same went for my brother, he has a family and I didn't want to interrupt.

"Who are these wonderful young ladies? I don't think we've been introduced to before" Ethan's mother asks referring to Emily and me.

"Oh, this is Vanessa! She is Asher's girlfriend. That is Emily, she's our best friend!" Noah fills in all of the parents. Amelia glared at Noah, probably when he introduced me as Asher's girlfriend. It wasn't false, however, if she saw me without the disguise, she would wonder why I switched appearances.

"Son, you didn't tell me you have a beautiful girlfriend! I'm Asher's mother, I hope to have you over one day Vanessa," Mrs. Martinez asks, with such a caring tone.

"Mom, it never came up, plus these weeks were busy for us," Asher replies.

"Thank you for your kind words, I hope to come over very soon," I address Asher's mom.

"Well let's head to our cars and drive to the restaurant across town, Maria's Place?" Amelia's dad suggests, we all nod knowing it would be a good lunch.

"What are your plans after high school?"

"Well after some thought and discussion, we decided to go to college for two years, enough to be able to help our parents with their business," Noah states. He was referring to Asher, Ethan, himself, and me.

"Emily and I won't, Emily is planning to become a midwife, I'm planning to go to law school," Amelia fills in.

"Oh! That's wonderful! My husband and I were thinking to transition the company to Noah soon, it's good to know he still wants to be involved in the company. He has a contract to sign soon with Ms. Vanessa Lee, you probably all know her," Mrs. Anderson speaks.

"Yeah, she is REALLY familiar," Emily chimes in, throwing a wink at me.

"However, Vanessa, I didn't know you come from a business family, who are they?" Mrs. Martinez asks.

"Umm... " I stammer not knowing what to say.

"Mom! I was planning on asking you something. Well, it's meant for all the parents. We were all planning on taking a trip to the cabin next weekend, if it okay with you all?" Asher says changing the subject. I furrow my eyebrows confused, we were going? Who planned this?

It's either they were keeping things behind my back or he said it to change the subject of my family. I chose to believe the second option.

"Sure! I think a vacation is well deserved. I'll just tell your sister that you won't be available next week. She said she was coming down to visit us," Mrs. Martinez says.