Chapter 23

The impact of the glass hitting the ground makes him turn and look at me and his eyes widen in shock. While it takes him time to realize I also start to feel that some of the glass has pierced through my skin. 

I hop away from the glass and sit myself down to check myself. Asher rushes towards me and helps me stretch my foot out. 

"Vanessa you should've been more careful!" he starts scolding me.

"Hey! less scolding, more help, this shit hurts!" I murmur as I try my best to not yell in pain. 

"What happened here?!" Ethan enters the kitchen and asks. He probably heard it from the living room. He walks towards us and sees the incident I'm in. "Oh um.. hold on," he says clearly not expecting this.

I sigh knowing that I'm bothering everyone with my clumsy self. Asher looks at me and I make the mistake of looking at him. But as soon as my eyes meet his he looks away and converts back to his emotionless self. Thankfully Ethan's footsteps are heard as he nears us again.

"Asher here, help me take the glass out of her foot, then we can take her to the guest room and carefully bandage it up," instructs Ethan. Asher simply nods and proceeds to do what Ethan told him. 

"OW!" I cry out when Asher pulls the last piece of glass out. The glass wasn't deep enough to have needed the help of a professional but it was enough to hurt.

Asher lifts me up and carries me to the room and let me say it was the most uncomfortable situation I could ever be in. I started praying he would walk faster so that I can get away from him. I knew he didn't want to be helping me out and was just doing this to not look like a douchebag in front of Ethan.

Asher places me down in the bed that is in the guest room and I see Ethan has followed him into the room as well. Asher takes the things needed to bandage the cut I have and starts to do it. He remains silent and Ethan helps me out as well. Once both of them are done, Asher stands up abruptly that catches me off guard. He leaves the room without a word and Ethan looks at the door with a confused expression.

"I wonder why?" Ethan murmurs but more to himself.

"Why what?" I ask, curiosity speaking for me.

"Did y'all argue or something?" Ethan asks and turns to look at me as he awaits my answer.

"Not that I know of..." I whisper feeling sad at Asher's actions.

"I'll talk with him Vanessa, he shouldn't be treating you like this, now go to sleep alright?" he comforts me probably noticing how much Asher's coldness is affecting me. I nod because let's be honest, I'm tired as hell and I know that there is a high chance of me falling asleep in middle of a final.

"Good night Vanessa," Ethan says before closing the door behind him.

I sigh and carefully place myself under the bedsheets. I try my best to put my foot in a position where I won't dirty up the sheets. I wish I was lying but it took no effort to fall asleep once my head hit the comfortable pillows.

"Ready scholars?!" yells Noah with so much enthusiasm. Ethan smacks the back of his head while the rest of us look at him weirded out by how excited he looks. 

"You feel this confident about passing?" Amelia sarcastically asks.

"Nope, I know I'm going to fail but I don't want to be all stressed out and depressed like you all. Y'all look done," Noah confesses. I chuckle at his reasoning.

"Well let's head to our first class or we will be late for it and automatically fail," Emily reasons out. We all nod and start heading to Calculus. Realizing it's calculus I start relaxing a bit knowing I'm better at this subject than any other class. Once we reach the class we all kind of sit next to each other but we know that we might be moved around a bit due to us speaking too much.

"Noah make better decisions," advises the teacher as Noah is about to take a seat next to Asher. We all laugh knowing how Noah's expression might be. Noah whines and sits more towards the middle and turns to look at us. Then he looks back to the teacher and once he sees he isn't looking at him he sticks both his middle fingers up and sticks his tongue out.

We all smile at his childish behavior but shake our heads. 

"Okay class no more talking, we will begin as soon as I hand out the test," the teacher announces catching the class' attention.

We all look at each other and we all know what we are thinking

Help.

"Finally!~" yells Noah throughout the hallway and stops as he reaches my locker. Emily comes behind him and shakes her head as she hears Noah. 

"I'm guessing you were tired of testing all day?" Emily asks Noah. Noah nods and sighs to express how tired he actually is.

You see after that Calculus test we all went to our other classes and since we don't have all our classes together we really didn't see each other except for during lunch. 

"I'm guessing the yell I heard was from Noah?" says Ethan out of nowhere.

"Yeah, it was him, I mean who else would think it would be okay to yell that loud?" I speak up and notice Amelia has come as well probably with Ethan.

"Wait where is Ash?" Noah asks and looks around.

"I don't know, I don't have him in my last class," admits Ethan.  He turns to look at Amelia and Emily and they just shrug.

"He has been acting weird these days, maybe he is outside?" Noah suggests.

"Let's go see," Amelia decides and all of them wait for Emily to finish taking her necessary books with her. 

We all walk outside and into the student parking lot and it doesn't take us long to stop his car. It also didn't take us long to spot him by his car. He had his hands in his pocket and looked to be talking with someone.

We all walk towards him and once we are close to him we recognize the person who he is talking to. 

We can't really hear their conversation but Asher notices us but doesn't say anything probably because he is annoyed by the person. Tatiana is way too close to him and starts to get closer to stroke his cheek.

The thing that surprises me the most is that even if he has an emotionless expression he doesn't move away. He finally looks at me and holds eye contact as if he wants to see what my reaction will be but I show none. Well, that's until Tatiana does something else.

Tatiana pushes herself even closer and kisses Asher in front of me. 

Asher does the unexpected.

Asher kisses her back.