Chapter 29

Asher's POV

Once I met her lips my mind went completely blank. Words can't describe the feeling that spread throughout my body. 

As I continued kissing her, I noticed she slowly started reacting to the kiss. The kiss was sweet and slow. I didn't want to rush anything plus, I don't want to scare her away.

Once we parted I notice a faint blush peeking through on her cheeks. She looks at me wide-eyed. I continue the eye contact trying to gather all my courage and speak. Unfortunately, she looks away clearly shy. I wanted to hug her and protect her since she looked so small. 

"Vanessa? Look at me," I whisper trying to get her to look up.

"Asher I-" she speaks quietly but we get interrupted by a loud cough. 

"Excuse me, Mr. Martinez and Ms. Collins, the class is about to start. Why don't you join us and continue your love life later?" the teacher teases us and winks before entering the classroom. If it was another teacher, it would be a lot more embarrassing than it is. 

I wait for Vanessa to follow in before I enter the class myself. I sit in my spot between Ethan and Noah. The teacher is busy setting herself up before class begins so the class is chatting a bit. 

"Vanessa is acting way shyer than usual, don't tell me it happened?" Noah teases me.

"What are you talking about?" I ask hoping he isn't talking about the kiss.

"Did y'all finally admit your feeling for each other?" Noah asks and I know he is hoping for a 'yes'.

I look away from Noah because I'm still in shock myself. We didn't exactly do that but hopefully, we both know the true meaning behind our kiss. I hope she knows that our kiss on my part meant that I like her.

I look ahead of us and see Vanessa covering half of her face with her sweater. Is this a good sign?

Vanessa's POV

Fuck.

I'm constantly repeating this word over and over again. Asher kissed me and my dumb self kissed him back. The kiss was sweet and for a second, I almost believed he could like me back. Unfortunately, I know it's far away from the truth.

Before I left the classroom he did yell out he cares about me but what if he said that to get Tatiana off him? 

The class goes on and as hard as I try to pretend he isn't in the same classroom, I fail. I start thinking he might be staring. As my thoughts continue I feel my face heat up. I try to cover half of my face with my sweater hoping it covers my blush. I don't know what's going to happen next. After all, what exactly am I wishing for?

If I'm being honest I hope for him to mean everything, his words, and the kiss we shared. I hope for us to finally get over this awkward and stressful situation we are in. Yet, am I wishing for too much? 

The bell rings breaking me out of my thoughts and the class hurries packing. I proceed to do the same and try to hide my face the best I can. I'm embarrassed. Thankfully Amelia and Emily drag me out of the classroom as fast as I can. I see Noah and Ethan wondering why the girls are acting this way. 

I made the mistake of looking at Asher's face though. He looks surprised at the girls' actions and I thought the best was to give him an apologetic face. 

Once we are out of the classroom and far away from the boys they lower their speed but continue walking. 

"You guys kissed huh?" Amelia teases me. I look at her surprised, no one saw that kiss. 

"Come on Vanessa! Don't hide it from us~" Emily whines.

"Bye~" I yell before taking off as fast as I can. Thankfully, they couldn't grab me. I successfully get to my next class without any of the five interrogating me.   

"Vanessa before you leave, could you take this to the library?" my teacher asks once my last class before lunch is over. 

"Sure," I agree. Honestly, I have no problem with going to the library, it can be used as an excuse to arrive late to lunch. 

As I walk through the hallways as slowly as I can, the halls get quieter and quieter. I use this time to think to myself what might or might not happen.

All I know is that I could be lucky and discover he actually likes me back. But, let's face it, luck is always against me. I breathe heavily once I get to the lunchroom's hallway. I'm seconds away from coming face to face with Asher. I start panicking.

I will just sit down and not say anything about the kiss. That should be easy. I turn and our table comes into view. Everyone looks like they are in a deep conversation. Though, everyone has smiling faces. 

My face falls as I notice the next thing. Asher came back to his past seat, next to mines. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed at the fact I'm closer to him again. I'm just nervous because this leaves room for more conversation between me and Asher. 

Ethan is the first to notice my presence approaching them. Slowly one by one they bring their attention to me. I try to stay as calm as I can. 

Then out of nowhere Noah wiggles his eyebrows at me. Oh hell no, did he find out?

 Emily is smiling like an idiot and Amelia mirrors her smile. Ethan just looks proud? 

I'm super confused.

Lastly, Asher is looking at me but I notice he might be nervous. Well, that makes two of us.

I sit down and Noah laughs out loud. We all look at him but I'm the only one confused at what he found amusing. 

"Hi, angel face!" Noah greets me. I wave at him unsure at his behavior. "Eat up! I brought food again," Noah continues. He proceeds to hand me a drink and lots of food. 

I notice Asher hasn't uttered a word, which I'm thankful for. He looks down as if he is lost in his thoughts. As sad as it sounds, I decide that he regrets the kiss and its best to put it in the past. I take a sip of my drink ready to dig into my food. 

Next thing you know I'm about to choke on my drink. 

"I like you" Asher admits.