Chapter 43

"Maya! Look at this dollhouse! It's basically your height!" Noah exclaims with so much excitement. 

"Vanessa, we are buying it!" Asher says. 

"This nerf gun too!" Ethan adds.

"Y'all realize these toys are for Maya, not for you three," Amelia states. Amelia was referring to the three guys. They have been grabbing any toy that looks interesting, we have two full carts already. 

Yes, to answer your suspicion, we are at a toy store. Asher suggested buying a couple of things for Maya before taking her back to her dad. I accepted immediately but wasn't ready for the three boys to take everything they saw. Before you yell at us, we did by her essential things like clothes.

"Maya do you even want these toys?" Emily asks as she points to the two shopping carts. 

"Y-yes!" Maya jumps in joy. 

"Okay! I think this is enough for today, let's pay for all of this," Amelia suggests. The boys began to slightly whine but Amelia glared at them. It was enough for them to walk to the cash register without a whine. 

The lady at the cash register was amazed at the two shopping carts overflowed with toys. She gave us a kind smile and began scanning all the toys. Sure enough, the boys, including Maya, stared at all the toys as they were being put into bags. I, on the other hand, stared at the screen showing my total.

I saw it go up and up, I was amazed at how expensive toys are. However, this was for Maya, I would do anything for her.

"Okay, your total will be $532.83, cash or card?" the lady says so calmly. I slightly gasp, these boys were literally children. 

"We'll pay Vanessa!" the guys say in unison.

"Card, here you go," I hand the lady my card quickly. They always pay for stuff, it should be on me this time. 

The lady completes the transaction and the boys flew out of the store with the toys. Ethan and Noah carried multiple bags. Asher also had a couple of bags but also carried Maya. Maya shrieked with joy as Asher picked up his speed. 

"I can't believe we like them," Emily mumbles.

"Me too, we should probably look for other guys," Amelia jokes.

"Asher hears that and I'm dead," I add on. We chuckled, I literally love this friend group. Actually, let me rephrase that, I love this family...

"I miss Maya!" I whine to Asher.

"Baby I know, we will see her soon," Asher hugs me tighter. He places his jaw on my shoulder. "We can see her next weekend because we got school tomorrow."

"Promise?"

"Promise, as for now, I need my attention! I had to fight Maya to get your attention this weekend," Asher whines. I laugh at his whining.

"YOU were the one who didn't give me enough attention!" I argue back.

"Okay, Okay! We both didn't. So let's go cuddle on the couch, please?" Asher lets go and grabs my hand. I nod at his suggestion. He leads me to the couch. 

"Movie?" Asher asks.

"Yes please."

I snuggle into him and wait for him to start a movie. I gasp at his movie selection.

"You like Percy Jackson!" I exclaim.

"Who doesn't?!" 

"Emily is who! She will never let me watch it, she says Harry Potter is way better!" I explain.