Chapter 10

Vanessa's POV

I'm currently packing up a small suitcase of things I will need for the weekend. I have already notified everyone about my weekend plans and told them to still contact me if anything happens. The group has agreed to take Asher's and Noah's cars to have an extra one just in case something was to happen. Also, Noah insisted that this time we needed more food since its the six of us for the whole weekend. Amelia agreed but under the condition that the boys went shopping before picking us up at Emily's house, where we all agreed to meet up.

After some time, Michael and I are driving to Emily's house. "Miss Vanessa we are a block away from her house," he informs me as he stops the car.

"Thank you, Michael. Have a nice weekend," I reply and get out of the car. I head to the trunk to take my suitcase out of the car and begin walking into the direction of Emily's house. I look towards the numbers of every house on the block until I finally see hers. I look at the door and see Emily looking towards the other direction as if she is looking for someone. She turns into my direction and runs to open the door once she knows it's me.

"Vanessa how much did you walk?! You should have told me to go pick you up!" asks Emily. She also engulfs me into a tight hug. When we break apart from the hug, I see Amelia bringing two suitcases into the driveway.

"Emily don't worry, I live really close," I assured Emily and went to greet Amelia. I also decided to help her with the suitcases since she looked like she was having a hard time with them. I went to lift one and was already struggling with it. God, this was way too heavy! What are they taking?

"How do I know you're not lying about living close to me? You never have invited us to your place since the day we meet you. It makes me think you don't trust us," says Emily jokingly. I realize it's true and now I feel guilty. It's not like I think they will go to everyone and tell them about my true self. I just think I'm scared if they treat me differently or decide to hate me for keeping it a big secret. After all, they don't even know my true name. They know me as Vanessa Collins but what will happen when I tell them, I'm Vanessa Lee.

"I'll take you guys to my house one day," I say and give them a smile. Right on time, two cars arrive at Emily's driveway. We see Asher getting out of one of the cars while Noah and Ethan get out of the other one.

"Puppy face! I thought you were going to back down on us," yells Noah in excitement and engulfs me in a hug. He goes towards Emily and also gives her a tight hug while greeting Amelia. Wait! What did I miss!? I look towards Emily and see she is a blushing mess. It also looks like she is trying to avoid my gaze. I'll definitely have to talk to her later.

"So girls are you guys ready?" says Ethan while he puts all three of our suitcases in Asher's car.

"Yeah by the way who is driving with who?" asks Amelia.

"Vanessa is coming with me," says Asher. I look at him in like he is crazy. How am I supposed to be in the same car as him? I look back towards the group hoping someone is kind enough to come in the same car as Asher and I. But I should have known that they would all just ignore the look I'm giving them.

"Okay, Emily and Amelia are coming with Ethan and me," yells Noah as he is getting into his car. I silently groan as I'm making my way to Asher's car. I see that he is next to the passenger's door opening it for me while smirking. What is it with guys and smirking at everything? I get in the car and Asher closes the door behind me. It takes me a second to acknowledge that Asher's car is really cool. I start to admire the leather seats and more that even Asher notices it as soon as he enters his car.

"I see you like my baby," he says with a grin. I just nod at his comment while still looking at everything this car has in it. Then Asher turns on the engine and the sound excites me. He chuckles at my reaction.

"So Vanessa what should we do to kill time?" he asks.

"I don't know but maybe I can sleep a little because I'm really tired~" I reply starting to get comfy.

"I mean we have two hours in this car..." he says as he starts backing up from Emily's driveway. I just simply nod.

"...alone" he adds. I turn my head to look at him confused at where he is trying to get at. He studies my face for a second and then looks back towards the road.

He shakes his head and says, "Vanessa you're too innocent." Wait what is that supposed to mean? I think the tiredness is messing up with my mind. I try to keep my eyes open because it will be rude of me to sleep on Asher while he will be doing all the driving. I think I try to keep this up for twenty minutes until Asher notices me struggling to stay awake.

He pulls over and grabs something from the back seat. He takes out a really comfy blanket and puts it on top of me. I murmur a 'no' because I was really determined to stay awake. "Just sleep, Vanessa. I'll wake you up when we get there," he whispers and I feel him caressing my face.

I know this might sound cliche but that was enough to make me go to sleep with tons of butterflies in my stomach. (A/N: I mean this whole book is a cliche...)

---

I know a lot of you will not bother reading this but I'm too grateful to not thank y'all. A couple of days ago I saw that this book has surpassed 100 views. Honestly, I never thought it was going to happen since this is a shitty book. Yet, thank you for enduring my boring, short, and not edited chapters. (I'm not good at these, sorry) I hope you will continue to support me.

Also, hellloooooo to the new readers. I saw a couple of new readers are from far away countries. I would like to know what is something you love about your country? I would love to get to learn about other countries and what makes them unique.

I'll see you in the next chapter!

Borahae 💜