Chapter 12

Vanessa's POV

"What do you mean you told him about your feelings?!" Amelia asks again while in shock. My face probably mirrors her as we both are looking at Emily with wide eyes.

"We were just talking and you know how I get nervous around him so I blurted out that I like him..." says Emily quietly. Yet, I know there is still more to the story because I see a hint of sadness in her face.

"Did anything else happened?" I ask.

"Well as soon as I said that I looked at him as I realized my mistake. My hand shot up to cover my mouth as I was waiting for the worst. He looked at me with a surprised expression and then started laughing. After a couple of seconds, he said, 'Im sorry ...' but he never got to finish his sentence because Amelia came up to us." she explains sadly. I understand her sadness now. She probably thinks that Noah was about to reject her before Amelia came up to them.

"Emily don't think about it too much. Assuming what he was going to say will just complicate things for you. Now let's go down for dinner and forget about that." says Amelia proving that she understands what Emily is thinking. We both give Emily a hug and Amelia starts leading the way to the dining table with us following right behind her. I really want to know what Noah was going to say. I just feel like Emily's assumption may be wrong.

"Guys is there anything we can help with?" asks Amelia as soon as we see them setting the table. 

"No it's fine, you girls should sit down," says Asher and heads back into the kitchen. The girls and I sit down and wait for the boys to join us. After a couple of minutes, we all are finally seated in the table and eating. Gosh, I didn't realize we were all so hungry. As the conversation in the table jumped from topic to topic, I couldn't help myself to look at Noah and Emily. Don't think of it in the wrong way, my thoughts just kept going back to Emily and Noah's conversation.

"Vanessa, you alright?" asks Asher snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Umm... yeah, everything is alright," I reply and begin to concentrate on eating. He looks at me for some time knowing that I'm lying but gives up and continues eating. Once we are done with our dinner we all head to the living room to talk. Everyone took a spot in the two couches but Asher.

"Guys I'll be outside, Vanessa do you mind coming with me?" asks Asher.

"S-sure, just let me get m-my sweater," I say and head to my room. After getting my sweater I go down and start heading outside not after seeing the looks the girls were giving me. I hope I'm not blushing but based on my stutter earlier, I know I'm wrong. I see Asher beginning to walk as he sees me following him. He leads me to the back of the cabin. I see him stop by the fireplace and begins to try to start a fire. While he is doing that, I sit in a log by the fireplace. A couple of minutes pass and he finally began a fire. He retreats back and sits next to me. 

"Vanessa what are you worried about?" asks Asher.

"What do you mean? I'm not worried about anything," I reply and he sighs.

"I know we just met at the beginning of the week but I think we should open up to each other a little bit more. I just have a feeling that this is just the beginning of our friendship. Now about my question, I know there is something bothering you by the distant look you had at dinner," he says.

"Okay, to be honest, it's not even that serious but Emily is being affected by it and I don't want her to get hurt in the end," I say looking down.

"What is happening with Emily?"

"Promise not to tell anyone?" I ask.

"I promise, I won't even tell those dumbasses," he says with a small smile. I don't know why but I felt comfortable, I felt that I could tell him anything without being judged or worried about someone else knowing about it later.