Chapter 46

Author's Note

First off, I'm terrible at writing these but it can't go unnoticed.

I was having a difficult day at work but y'all made my day. I got home, only to find hundreds of notifications. I wasn't believing it at all. I want to deeply thank every single one of you, y'all stuck with me until this chapter, even if this book sucks.

I see every single comment, you made me laugh. I will reply to all of you shortly, I just have to catch up with a couple of things and update this book.

But honestly, I can't believe I got 10K reads in just one day! I hope for you to continue supporting this book and hopefully, this ends with something you will be pleased with.

Once again, thank you! Please take care and stay safe!

Back to the book!

Vanessa's POV

"One more minute!" I murmur as Asher tries waking me up.

"Baby, we get to see Maya today! Don't you remember?" Asher says.

"You could've said that earlier Asher, I'll be down in 10" I groan. I knew I looked like a mess but I didn't care. Asher should be used to this. However, Maya was coming with us!

A week has passed since our graduation. We left Maya the next day and returned to our normal lives. Well, with the exception of school. We proceeded to check our work and our evidence we would be taking to court next week. You heard that right, next week was a grand day.

I also recently found out that everyone had planned to go to the cabin again, obviously this time Maya was coming. They recently surprised me with the news, they also claimed "I needed a break or I would soon grow gray hairs." I was shocked they planned this without me, but it's the intention that matters.

I couldn't wait to take Maya to the cabin and have her roam around.

I fully finish getting ready and see Asher heading to his car as I walk down the stairs. I greet every worker I see along the way and make sure to lock the door behind me. I see Asher fixing something in the back seat, probably Maya's car seat. That's right; we already started buying things we would need if Maya were to move in with us.

"Hey babe, you look beautiful as always," Asher compliments. "An update from Noah, he will be taking the rest of the group, he said that we should take Maya with us." Asher pulls away from the house and starts driving.

"I was planning on taking her with me anyway. I think we just need to make a stop at the store, you know, Maya will be hungry and all."

"I got it all covered, last night I bought all the snacks for us and Maya for our trip. I also told someone to fill the fridge back at the cabin, anything that would feed a 4-year-old," Asher informs me.

"Gosh, you look like the parent here, I need to learn from you," I say as I see all the snacks in the back seat.

"Vanessa you need to give yourself more credit, Maya loves you, in her eyes, you do a lot," Asher reassures me.

"How do you know that?" I murmur.

"Babe, when we get to her house, you'll have your answer."

"I told you so," Asher teases. He looks at how Maya has her little hands wrapped around me. She smiled so brightly once she saw our car pull over her house. She didn't waste a second to run towards us once she confirmed it was me.