Chapter 35

Vanessa's POV

"So, Mr. and Mrs. Anderson, we decided to tell this investor of yours about our marriage. After the contract is signed, we will dismiss the wedding and everything will fall back into place," I explain the plan to Noah's parents.

As you can see I decided to meet up with Noah's parents again to provide some comfort with the plan I got. We were currently seated at their company and not at mines. It would make things easier for them.

"That's a wonderful idea, thank you so much, Ms. Lee," Mrs. Andersons exclaims in joy.

"Noah and I will be taking care of the rest and hopefully bring the good news to you as soon as possible," I assure Noah's parents.

I make sure to cover everything else and send off Noah's parents.

"Vanessa, how do we proceed from here?" Noah asks.

"Easy, we schedule an appointment with this investor and convince him," I reply while getting both of us a cup of water.

"I like the way you think-" Noah compliments me but the door to the room opens.

"Noah, what are you doing?" Asher walks in. "Um, did I interrupt something?" Asher asks as he notices me as well.

"Not at all Mr. Martinez," I reply trying to sound as normal as I can.

"We meet again Ms. Lee, how are you?" He asks.

"Wonderful!" I reply shortly trying to end this conversation with Asher.

"That reminds me, Ethan thought it would be great to go out for dinner so Ms. Lee would you join us?" Ashers asks. My eyes widen not knowing what to say.

"Um... Sure?" I reply without really thinking. Shit! Why did I say that?

"Noah could you call Vanessa, tell her about the dinner and to bring the girls as well," Asher asks Noah. I start panicking knowing that my phone would ring at Noah's call.

"Um... I can't" Noah quickly opposes to the idea. I sigh of relief knowing he didn't forget.

"Why can't you?" Asher asks suspiciously.

"C-cause I don't have my phone! It's in the office so I can't call!" Noah replies nervously.

"Oh it's fine, I'll just call her," Asher goes to take out his phone and steps outside to call her or I guess me.

"That was close," I murmur. Sure enough, my phone rings loud enough for me to hear and I answer the call.

*Call*

"Hi, Asher!" I answer his call.

"Hi, I was calling to see if you were busy tonight?" Asher asks sweetly.

"Um actually yeah? I mean I have a fever going on and a bit of nausea," I say in a quieter tone.

"Oh! Do you want me to head to your house then?" he asks worriedly.

"No! I'll be fine by the way what were your plans?" I ask him

"Well Ethan wanted the whole group to have dinner together but I can tell him we will pass on it," he suggests.

"It's fine, just go, I'll tell Amelia and Emily about it," I assure him.

"You sure?"

"Definitely."

"Okay take care of yourself!" he says lastly before hanging up.

*End*

"That was close," I murmur as Asher enters the room again. I don't know how much longer I can keep this away from him.

"We should get going, Ethan told us to be there by 7," Asher rushes us.

We got to the restaurant without a scratch. I mention this because Noah drove like a maniac. If I had my wig on, let's just say I wouldn't have it anymore.

Asher, Noah, and I all head into the restaurant and pass right through the hostess. I guess they are regulars in this restaurant by the looks of it. I follow them into the second floor of the restaurant. I'm met with the beautiful sight of the night sky. As for our table, it had already been occupied with Ethan, Amelia, and Emily. They were having a full-on conversation.

Once we got close enough for them to see us, all three looked surprised to see me. Especially Ethan since you could see his shockness.

"Good evening Ms. Lee, what a surprise?" Ethan asks clearly confused with my presence.

"Sorry to interrupt, Mr. Martinez was the one who asked for me to join but I'll leave if I'm not welcomed," I say worriedly. Ethan shakes his head to disapprove of my statement.

"It's a pleasure to have you here Ms. Lee," Amelia awkwardly pronounces my name. It managed to make me cringe at the formal speaking.

"Please just call me Vanessa," I tell her to make everyone more comfortable. Especially Asher and Ethan.

After the awkward talking, we got to order our food. When it was served, the mood became comfortable. Everyone's personalities became carefree and we had a good time. Until Asher questioned Noah and me.

"Vanessa, why were Noah and you at the office earlier. I didn't know you two were close," Asher asks. I stopped eating, I was aware that everyone was looking for an answer now. My throat became dry, worried as to what to say.

"You'll find out anyways with the publicity that will go around so I'll just say it. Vanessa and I will get married..." Noah shares with the table.

I look at Emily as he finishes. I messed up!

As expected she looks at me with hatred. Her eyes hold disappointment and anger. Amelia's hand goes under the table and holds Emily's hand. She gives me a confused look as to why I didn't mention anything earlier.

"Hey, my m-mom texted me. I need to go home," Emily blurts out not letting Noah finish. She gets up abruptly and heads for the door. Amelia follows behind her and I realize that I need to explain the misunderstanding. I quickly grab my things trying to follow behind.

"Thank you for dinner! Noah send me the bill please-" I yell off before I leave the restaurant.

"Hey! Emily let me explain-" I say as soon as I catch up to them. She spins her body to face me. I see tears threatening to fall but she holds on to them.

"Explain what?! That my best friend is marrying the guy I like! Vanessa, how could you? You know I like him!" Emily begins to rant about her frustration. Amelia holds on to her. I'm thankful for that, she isn't in the position to interfere.

"Emily let me talk! I can explain everything!" I try to calm her down to explain. Emily gets ready to yell out again but stops at the sound of Amelia's phone making contact with the pavement.

I look at the direction she glances at. To my surprise, I'm met with the least expected.

If I knew that what I was seeing was going to become another secret I would have ran to never look at it. If only I knew that I was going to lose some people as well.

"Mom?" Amelia finally speaks. I knew she couldn't believe what I was seeing. Heck, I couldn't believe it either.

In front of us was Amelia's mom. Her mom was not only making out with a guy who was not Amelia's dad.

She was also making out with my boyfriend's dad.