Chapter 31

I admire his outfit, his face, everything. This boy has really made himself comfortable to take my breath away. 

"You look beautiful, as always," Asher compliments me.

"Thanks, you don't look too shabby yourself," I joke trying to make my nerves go away. He chuckles at my comment.

"Oh, I almost forgot, these are for you," Asher leans to give me a boutique of roses. I admire them and thank him. The gesture might mean nothing to some but to me it means everything. It shows he is willing to try. 

I grab the roses out of his hands, I'm about to speak but I'm cut off by a dramatic cough.

"I see you couldn't wait, Asher, remember to not have her out too late. I'll put the roses in water for you Vanessa, now go have fun!" Amelia interrupts our moment.

Asher leads me out and into his car and I was about to call victory but I'm wishing for too much.

"Remember to use protection!" Amelia yells from the front door and closes it before I could run back and kill her. I laugh awkwardly as Asher seats himself next to me, ready to exit Amelia's driveway.

"Can I please know where we are headed to?" I ask trying to make a conversation happen.

"Nope, it's a surprise, waiting won't hurt you," Asher jokes. 

"Fine, but I swear if you're planning on kidnapping me, I won't be easy on you," I joke.

"Promise I won't. Could you put this blindfold on? We are twenty minutes away from our destination and I want everything to be a surprise," Asher asks. I nod and grab the blindfold next to me. Once I put it on, my curiosity only worsens. 

I feel the breeze blow across my face that isn't covered with the blindfold and take in everything. So far, it's nice, I could just be beside him and it would be perfect.

Asher slowly turns on the music on his car trying his best to not scare me at the sudden noise.

I relax knowing that I fully trust him to take me anywhere.

After what felt for an eternity, I feel the car slow down and move as if it's parking. 

"Don't take off your blindfold yet," Asher says before parking the car and getting off. I wait for him to say anything but I get nothing. The only thing I hear is kids yelling in the background. I get even more confused at where we might be. The door next to me finally opens and Asher's soothing voice appears.

"I'll guide you out the car, careful," Asher guides me as gentle as he can. He locks the car and helps me. As we continue walking, the yelling of children gets louder.

"I'll take the blindfold off, close your eyes," Asher proceeds to do what he says.

"Okay open your eyes," Asher finally says. 

My feelings are all over the place. I'm shocked to see what he planned. My face lits up as I take in all the roller coasters, rides, and fun colors that surround us.

"Hope you don't mind that we came to an amusement park..." Asher speaks nervously.

"Are you kidding me?! I love it!" I truthfully say. 

"Well, let's go!" Asher speaks more confidently, he proceeds to grab my hand and leads me further into the park. I look at our hands intertwined and the smile he carries on his face. He looks carefree, not the Asher from a couple of days ago, all stressed.

"So, do you like calm and small rides or big ones?" Asher asks.

"I want to ride all the big ones!" I respond excitedly. Asher looks at me surprised and proceeds to walk.