Chapter 56

Asher's POV

"We need as many balloons as we can get!" Amelia yells over all the workers.

"Someone start organizing her gifts in the corner," Noah panics as he is fixing the birthday banner in the middle of the room.

I would have told everyone to calm down but I was panicking as well. This was our little angel's first birthday with us. Maya was turning five, we wanted everything to turn perfect. Maya wasn't even in the house at the moment. Vanessa's mother took her for the morning, giving us time to surprise her later.

Vanessa was smiling and laughing at the small mistakes we would do every now and then. I loved that she was getting better. At first, she was scared. She was grateful that she didn't actually get hurt. Once we all learned what really happened, she was a bit frustrated. She would hate herself.

However, things took a turn once the man confessed to what he did. He did spike her drink, enough to make her dizzy. However, Vanessa didn't remember he used inhalants with her as well. We all supported and helped her become her confident self again. It took some time but I'm glad she's comfortable again.

"When is her cake being delivered?" Ethan asks.

"I don't know, Noah was responsible for that," Vanessa shrugs.

"Wait, I was?" Noah asks.

"You dumbass! We even texted you a list!" Amelia yells.

"I can make it!" Emily volunteers.

"I will help her," one of Vanessa's staff volunteers as well.

"Thank you, if you need help, tell me as soon as you can," Vanessa says. Emily walks into the kitchen with the staff person following behind her. I felt bad that they had to do it. However, it was our fault for believing so much in Noah.

"Now that this is out of the way, who's coming?" Amelia asks.

"Everyone..." Vanessa says unsurely.

"What do you mean everyone?!"

"Everyone is coming. The news about Maya is out, everyone knows about her. However, I made it clear that I don't want Tatiana coming. She isn't stepping a foot in here until she apologizes."

"I believe you Vanessa, look!" Ethan points at the window. I see a car full of other supplies, while workers were taking all of those things out of the car. There were more balloons, food, decorations, and more. This was going to be a long night.

"Mom, I missed you!" I hug her as she enters the house. The house was full of people at this point, a lot of them were the business people I've met before.

"I missed you too, honey!" she hugs me tightly.

"I feel so loved. I'm also here, you know?" Addilyn says sarcastically. I chuckle as I hug her and her girlfriend. They have been keeping their promise of taking care of our mother.

"Hello! Thank you for joining us!" Vanessa chimes in as she hugs my side. I wrap my arm across her shoulders.

"Of course, Vanessa. We couldn't miss it, especially when it comes to my first granddaughter," my mom smiles.

"Also, my first niece. I hope she isn't the last one though," Addilyn winks jokingly.

"We'll see..." Vanessa laughs awkwardly. I didn't fail to notice the small blush forming on her cheeks.

"We will take our seats while you take care of the other guests. Good luck!" Addilyn proceeds to carefully guide our mom to one of the tables.

"I'm nervous!" Vanessa confesses once my family leaves.