Chapter 32: That's Likely

Y/n: Your name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Y/n's Pov~

Angelina and I took up our trunks. "I can't believe it's our last year." I flopped down onto my bed. "Yeah, I have no idea what i'm doing next year." we laughed. "Hey, at least you get to play Quidditch again this year, Ms Quidditch captain!" I said, getting ready in my robes. "Yeah, the first practice is Saturday. You should come!" The bell rang, "Of course I will!" We ran down to the common room.

"Hey, what are you two in a rush for?" George stopped us. "The sorting ceremony is soon." Angelina kissed his cheek. "Has Fred already gone down?" George wrapped his arms around her, "I don't know, I haven't seen him since Ron came by. They're probably still in our room." he led Angelina out the door.

I walked up to the door and knocked. "Shh let me see who it is." I heard Ron from the other side of the room. He opened the door. "Oh, it's just you. What's up?" I looked down at the ground. "Dinner is about to start and I was wondering if you guys were coming." I felt a hand on my chin and it got lifted to meet Freds eyes, "Of course we are coming dear." Ron walked past us and Fred picked me up and put me over his shoulder.

"Fred! What are you doing?" he kept walking, not answering. "What's wrong Freddie?" He stopped. "What are you talking about?" He continued walking through the corridors. "Fred, I'm not dumb. I can tell when you're in a funk." He put me down. "Can we talk about it after dinner?" I pulled him down and kissed his cheek. "Of course" He grabs my hand and holds it tight.

We walked into the great hall, sitting next to George. We made our plates and started digging in as Dumbledore stepped up to the podem. "Good evening, children. Now we have two changes in staffing this year. We are pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be taking care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the Professor good luck. Now, as usual our caretaker, Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you." The woman at the end of the table cleared her throat, interrupting Dumbledore. She started walking slowly to the podium. "She was at my hearing. She works for Fudge" Harry whispered.

"Thank you, Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely, to see all you bright, happy faces, smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." I started to chuckle. "That's likely." The twins said. "The Ministry of Magic, has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historical school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, profect what can be perfected, and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." She did this weird giggle and all I could do is ball my fist up. She walked back to her seat and Dumbledore started clapping, the rest of the hall followed his lead. I sat there, unable to clap. "I don't like her." I whispered. "Thank you professor Umbridge. That was really most illuminating." Dumbledore started going through the rules and I picked up my fork. "Illuminating? What a load of waffle." Ron said, taking a sip of his drink, "What does that mean?" Harry waited for Ron to finish his drink. "It means, the Ministry is interfering at Hogwarts." I pushed my plate away.

~Time Skip~

Fred sat in the window sill and pulled me to sit in between his legs. We looked out at the night sky. "So what's bothering you Freddie?" I started messing with his hand. "I've been meaning to ask. Could you make more for the candys. I want to see if we could start selling them this year to people." He closed his hand. "Of course, but I'm going to need help." He opened his hand. "What were you and Ron talking about?" he grabbed my hands, "he was asking how I knew I started liking you in a romantic way vs. just being a friend." I smiled. "I wonder why" we started laughing.

The room fell silent. Fred and I turned around to see why. Harry was walking through, "Dean, Seamus, good Holiday?:" Dean spoke up, "All right, better than Seamus's anyways." Seamus stood up, "Me mum didn't want me to come back this year." I got Hermione's attention, this was going to be bad. Harry stood there, confused. "Why not?" Seamus balled his fists, "Let me see... Because of you. The Daily Prophet's been saying a lot of things about you Harry, and about Dumbledore as well." Harry stepped closer, "What, your mum believes them?"

"Well, nobody was there the night Cedric died."
"Oh, well I guess you should read the Prophet then, like your stupid mother. It will tell you everything you need to know." I stood up wanting to get Harry out of here but Fred stopped me. "Don't you dare talk about my mother like that"

"I'll have a go at anyone that calls me a liar." Ron walked in. "What's going on?"

"He's mad is what's going on." Seamus pointed at Harry. "Do you believe the rubbish he's come out with about You-Know-Who?"

"Yeah, I do. Has anyone else got a problem with Harry?" The room stayed silent. They ran up the stairs. Fred, George, Hermione, Ginny, and I were close behind. "You alright?" Ron started to take off his tie. "Fine." Harry threw his robe on the bed. "Seamus was way out of line. But he'll come through." I put my arm on his shoulder. "I said I'm fine Y/n." he snapped, I backed away from him. It scared me to see Harry this way. "Right, I'll just go then." I walked out the door and tried going back down to the common room. "Come on. Family meeting plus these two."  George pointed at Hermione and I. "Up to our room, quickly now." George walked ahead of us.

Word Count: 1055

I was thinking exactly the same thing- Fred Weasley x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें