Chapter 16: Labels

Y/n: Your name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Y/n's Pov~

I woke up with a smile on my face. I flew out of bed to get ready and go to breakfast. I went down to the common room to see George. "Morning!" I sat down on the armchair next to him. The arms of the chair wrapped around me, picking me up. "What is happening?!" The couch started undressing. "Good morning bug" I started blushing, "Hi Freddie, can you put me down please." he set me down gently. "Are you ready for breakfast?" He grabbed my hand. "Of course." It felt nice to hold his hand.

~Time Skip~

  We walked over and took our seats in the Great Hall. "Look at this! I can't believe she's done it again. Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey sources report is none other than the Bulgarian bon-bon Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow." Hermione looked over the paper. "Morning" I smiled, taking it out of her hand. "You have to stop reading this." I folded it up and threw it away, "Parcel for you Mr Weasley." A little boy walked up to Ron. "Thank you Nigel." I waved. "Not now Nigel. Later. Go on." Ron shewed him away. "I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph." I laugh, "As one does" I teased. "Oh look mum's sent me something." He held it up, "Mum sent me a dress?" While holding it to himself we all tried not to laugh. "Well it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?" Harry teased. Ron held them out, "Ginny these must be for you." She laughed, "I'm not wearing that, it's ghastly." Hermione laughed, "They're not for Ginny they're for you! Dress robes." We all laughed, "Dress robes? for what?" In normal Hogwarts, magic fashion. An announcement played, "After Breakfast, Students of the year 3 and up in Gryffindor must report to the Assembly room on the Fourth Floor Immediately"

~Time Skip~

Mcgonagall split the room in two, boys, and girls. Filch messed with the record player as our attention fell on Mcgonagall, "The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost... a dance" All of the boys groaned except for Neville. "Silence. The house of Godrick Griffindore has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." I laughed as I watched Fred and George trying to say that fast. "Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight." Ron turned to Seamus and said something. "Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasley, will you join me." Hermione and I laughed as she helped him to his feet. "Now, place your right hand on my waist."

"Where?"

"My waist." Once Ron put his hand on her waist someone whistled. "Now bend your arm. Mr Filch..." The music started. "One two three, one two three, one two three" They started dancing and spinning around. "Everybody come together." Most of the girls stood up as the boys slumped back in their seats. Neville stood up and made his way to Ginny. She stood up and they started dancing. "Good for Neville!" Hermione said hi-fiving me. "Wanna dance?" George came over to Angelina. I pushed her up, "Of course she will" I said as she stood up. We watched as girls got picked off one by one. Does Fred not want to tell people? I felt arms creep over my shoulders. "Did you think I forgot about you bug?"

"Maybe?" He held his hand out. I grabbed it. We started dancing. "So Ron and Mcgonagall?" I laughed as he looked down at me. "Yeah, he'll never live that down." We laughed. "Do you know who he likes?" I hoped to hear one name. "Not that I know of. I think Hermione might be growing on him but it's so unclear because he's, well, Ron." we laugh. "I think they'd be cute!" I looked up at him, "I think we're cuter" I blushed. "So I know you did the firework show and kissed me, but are we putting labels on this?" He looked deep into my eyes. "Well it's only if you say yes to going to the ball with me." he spun me around. "Of course I will Freddie." He leaned down and kissed me. "Brilliant! What labels do you want to put on us?" he asked. "Well there's, Boyfriend and Girlfriend. I don't know any others."

"Alright girlfriend." He kissed my forehead. I blushed, "Alright that's it for now! Go get ready, we are going to Hogsmeade in one hour to go get our formal attire" Mcgonagall pushed everyone out. 

Word count: 878