Chapter 4: The Game

Y/n: Your name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Y/n's Pov~

"So, you two couldn't take your eyes off of Cedric." I laughed as a pillow got thrown my way. "Oh shut it Y/n". Ginny hopped onto her bed and dug through her bag. I turned to Hermione, "So how are things with Ron?" she sat up, "we are just friends, my feelings for him won't change anything. Plus he doesn't like me back" she got flustered, "I beg to differ." As the words slipped out of my mouth the flap opened, "What are you girls talking about?" Harry stuck his head in, "Nothing much." I smiled back at him. "Oh, okay. We are going to leave for the game soon so get ready." I followed him into the main room. "Y/n, can you paint my face?" Fred handed me a tube of green face paint, "Oooo me too!" George sat next to Fred. "Sure" I started painting a clover on his face. I repeated the process to George. Once I was done Fred took the paint, "your turn!" he pushed me on the couch. The cold paint touched my face. I felt him pull away so I tried getting to a mirror. While I was inspecting my face he wrote something on my left hand. I looked at it just to read, "Fred's". He looked at me waiting for me to approve but I just felt my face get red. "Do you like it?" I shook my head yes as George came over, "lets go!" They said, picking me up, "What is happening? Put me down you guys!" I kept moving around but they wouldn't budge. Fred's grip was a lot tighter than George's. They set me down outside the tent.

We made our way up the stadium. "Blimey Dad, how far up ARE we?" Ron limped up more stairs. "Well put it this way, if it rains...You'll be the first to know" I turn around to see Lucius and Draco, "Father and I are in the minister's box, by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself." he smiled. I turned around to the twins, "If I had the chance I swear he-" Fred put his hand around my waist, "Y/n, he's not worth the time of day." He ushered me up the stairs. "B-but I could ju-" he stopped and knelt down to look me right in the eyes, "Y/n, no" he got back up and pushed me up more stairs.

We got to our seats as Fred pulled me next to him, "Hey, don't hog her. She's my friend too" George walked up to my right. "Look!" Ron said, pointing. "It's the Irish" Fred began to cheer. Five green and white figures fly through the air on their brooms, leaving a colored trail behind them. A glittering leprechaun appears in the sky and starts dancing. "Here come the Bulgarians!" Five red figures this time, one of them performs a stunt on his broom. Another appeared on the large screen. The crowd begins to chant "Krum, Krum, Krum". He waved to the crowd as they formed a picture of him. "Good evening! It gives me great pleasure to welcome each and every one of you to the final of the 422nd Quidditch World Cup. Let the match begin!" The Announcer backed into his booth as the game started. We all leaned up and healed the railing. Fred's hand touched mine. I didn't want him to be uncomfortable so I slid it closer to me. He looked down and grabbed mine, setting it back on the rail with his on top. I froze, I think I do like him.

Word Count: 600