Chapter One: In The Underground City

"Wait up!" Isabel shouted while running in Levi's direction. He was already ahead.

"You're too slow." He responded in his monotone voice and continued at his pace with crossed arms.

"No, you walk like we should be in a rush." Furlan replied, walking slightly behind Levi with his hands behind his head.

"Shut up, and we should be." Levi hissed.

It was getting late. Isabel, Furlan, and Levi were heading back to their home. The trio was much more fortunate than the others who lived in the Underground City, given their status here. Levi and Furlan were the most well known gang leaders with lots of clients and enemies. The more clients, the more money. The more enemies, the more risk.

"I don't feel like getting my hands dirty," he continued, "and it's getting late." Levi knew if they remained out, they would get into some sort of brawl and stain their clothes, yet again. Most people were smart enough to stay away from the gang, but there were always a few who wished to test their limits.

"Quit being such a germaphobe, you see where we live."

"Disgusting," Levi snapped at Furlan's response while looking around. He absolutely hated living in The Underground, it was filthy. He did his best to keep their house clean because of his hate for dirt.

Furlan squinted at the door ahead, "Looks like the old hag left her trash in front of our door again."

"Ugh, she bugs me," Isabel complained.

As they got closer they noticed something odd, a basket?

"Huh? What's this?" Levi knelt down to remove the blanket over the basket. He stopped at the sound of a cry. Isabel bent down,

"What is it, Levi?" He fully removed the blanket revealing a baby wrapped in dirty white linen.

"A baby?" He questioned quietly to himself.

"A baby!" Isabel squealed. She went to pick up the infant but was stopped by Levi. He seemed in shock.

"Mom...?" He whispered to himself.

"Huh?" Furlan questioned his friend's mumbles.

"Nothing." Levi picked up the basket and proceeded to walk inside.

ʕ⁎̯͡⁎ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
Heyo, so I'm new at this :)

I know this chapter was short and I'll be honest, a lot of the first few chapters are short, but don't worry because they get longer

I'm gonna post the first few chapters I have and if they get some love I'll keep posting, enjoy!