Chapter Nine: Nearing The Truth

*Two Years Later*

.  .  .

   From that time on, Furlan taught his buddies, one on one, how to maneuver ODM gear, giving them power over The Underground, making their gang even stronger. This took less than a week, given how easily they could adapt. This made it easier to care for Lilith as well. They could get money and supplies easier after putting fear into a lot of people, making them known not to mess with them, and even by having some admirers.

To most, they were known as The Hoodlums. When in the air, they wore short gray cloaks with hoods that covered their hair and face, giving them their names. The cloaks were mostly for covering their identities from the Military Police. They would come into the city once every three months in an attempt to catch them and take back their gear. It was hysterical how miserably they would fail.

As for the others in the city, they don't dare to give out their names.

"YEAH WOOH" Isabel exclaimed while flipping through the air, a feeling she would never get bored of.

"Shut up, you're annoying." Levi groaned, he's not a fan of loud noises, it became an issue living with Isabel. "Let's finish up and head home. Furlan's had her all day and is probably begging for a break." Isabel snickered at Levi's words and continued towards their home.

"We're back!" Isabel shouted to which Furlan shushed her immediately. He pointed to the sleeping toddler,

"I just put her to sleep moron," Furlan hissed quietly.

"Sorry," Isabel winced as Levi flicked the back of her head.

Putting Lilith to sleep was probably the hardest task the trio had to accomplish, the kid was full of life, full of restlessness.

Despite being almost three, Lilith still hadn't been outside the hideout. It's still deemed too dangerous, even with the gang's new title.

.  .  .

The older the youngster got, the more she began to resemble both Levi and his mother. This just made Levi's curiosity drive him to wanting an answer as to where exactly she came from.

The other two members of the trio had slightly connected the dots as to why she was here. They believe it was so they could look after Lilith and protect her. Her previous care-taker must have not been able to handle this task because of how valuable young Lilith was.

Though Isabel and Furlan were still confused as to why Levi said yes, they didn't regret it. They were glad he did. She brought the group joy that they didn't know they could feel.

The duo slowly began to see the resemblance between Lilith and Levi, but they didn't think they should acknowledge it just yet. They believe time will eventually do its job, even if it might be far into the future. 

_________________

Heyo, sorry for the short chapter again :) don't worry it'll get better!

I've been getting a good number of reads and I'd love to hear from you guys, don't be shy!