Review by Rishi: The Leveler King

Title: The Leveler King

Author: LynaForge

Reviewer: h_awrites03

Cover: 

One word to describe it would be, 'Perfect'. The cover shows your MC and the surrounding plot of your story including the two Sun's. It's nice, bright and very eye-catching so if I were to be searching for a sci-fi book, I'd be pretty intrigued and would go right ahead. 

The fonts are great too, I have no issues reading the name of the book or the author. 

Summary: 3/5 

Since you've asked me to focus on what doesn't work, here it is. 

This book is combination of three books that are all in continuation so the summary is actually not very great. To be honest with you the summary sounds kind of boring and that's usually what pushes readers away from the book. Most importantly it's only the gist of book one and frankly speaking, it didn't pique my interest too much. 

Grammar + Punctuation: 5/5

I have zero words of complaint or criticism. It's not surprising considering the fact that you've been a teacher of the said language for fourteen years. In fact, I've learned quite a bit myself in regards to proper sentencing after reading your works. 

Plot: 3.5/5

So first of all if there's anyone who's expecting to read a sci-fi novel that has overly cool gadgets and crazy action scenes, I'm sorry to say but you'll be disappointed. On the other hand readers who love books that make them fall in love with the characters and their growth and progress, this is it people. This is that book. It's a Romance SciFi set in a planet that has been invaded by Earther's and taken over by them, forcing the inhabitants— Leveler's and Summoner's to either submit or live in hiding of sorts.  

Nala, a summoner who lives alone on her farm meets the leveler king, Lyndel by chance, takes him under her refuge because of his state and this is how their journey together begins. They face multiple challenges that form the basis of this book. I love how interesting the story is with hardly any dull moment's, also, it is a slightly fast paced story. The originality is great, has a good concept and is definitely worth a read. 

I especially love how the author has managed to write this story in a way that it is easy to understand and at the same time also managed to maintain a sophisticated feel to it. It's a great writing, that's for sure. 

Unfortunately one of the major put offs are the descriptions. As a reader I will rely heavily on the writers words to aid my imagination and sadly even after finishing book one, I had no clue as to how best to visualize Nala's farm, or the path they take to reach the caves. Same is the issue with book two. The book cover is a major helper when it comes to being able to imagine the Levelers and Summoners. 

Character Development: 4.5/5

The only reason the score isn't a perfect 5 is because I still can't imagine the appearance of any of them perfectly in my minds eye.  

I love the way Nala's character shows immense strength even after being used to the new ways after the earth men arrived and the way Lyndel goes from this arrogant and self-centered bratty King to a great and understanding one, who not only cares about his people but also manages to set the order right on their planet (won't say more or it'll be considered a spoiler), it's a pleasure to read. It's great how realistic everything is, their feelings, their struggles, the way the two are shown transitioning into more mature versions of themselves. All of it is just wonderful! 

All in all it's a great book, one that is worth it and should definitely be given a chance and read. Dear Author, I love the way you write, it's just beautiful. Keep writing!