New Year's Eve

Dohwan: Use your padding every time you can, okay?

Gayoung: ok...
Gayoung: Enjoy your new year's eve, oppa...

Dohwan: See you soon 😘

Gayoung reads the message and sighs. She already spent her birthday without him. Now she can't spend new year's eve with him too. She stuck on set. She already refused to come to MBC Awards hoping she can take a break and spend it with Dohwan, who's been on a break since Christmas. They already made a plan, Dohwan will spend Christmas eve with his family because Gayoung still has a shooting schedule. And she'll spend her one-day break on Christmas with her family because her Dad complained she was spending Christmas with Dohwan last year.

So they agreed to meet on New year's eve. But because of covid, they already delayed the shooting a few times, so they have to shoot today to catch up with their spring schedule. In conclusion, she won't meet Dohwan till next year. She feels like crying now.

"Hi...", someone nudges her.

Gayoung looks up and saw Inyeop standing tall in front of her. "Oppa..."

"What are you doing here alone?", he sits in an empty spot beside her.

"Huh?", Gayoung looks around and the staff is already gone. "Where is everyone?"

"They're preparing another set for our next scene..."

"Oh...", Gayoung nods solemnly.

"Are you crying?"

"No...just cold...", Gayoung grins.

"I am sorry you have to spend the new year's eve on set..."

Gayoung chuckles. "You're really a sweet guy..."

"Huh?", Inyeop looks at the girl beside her. Confused.

"Why did you even say sorry oppa...it's not like you're the one that causes me to stay here...we both stuck here...let's just feel sorry for both of us..."

"I don't feel sorry for myself....because I am kinda glad I am stuck here with...", Inyeop glances at Gayoung. Hesitate to say the next word. "with...everyone..."

"Wooaah...you really love filming, don't you?"

"Yeah filming with you is fun..."

"Of course I am...", Gayoung smiles. Oblivious about the meaning behind those words.

"But you look like you're not really enjoying tonight's shoot..."

Gayoung glances at her phone and sighs. "Because we supposed to spend new year's eve with someone special..."

"Oh..."

"I didn't mean that you're not special oppa...", Gayoung hurriedly correct herself when she notices the look of disappointment on Inyeop's face. "I know you must be special for someone, but not for me, no...I mean...aaargh...", Gayoung frustrated with herself.

Inyeop's just chuckles. "It's okay...I know what you mean..."

"Sorry...", Gayoung says shyly.

"Here...", Inyeop hands her a cup of hot coffee.

"For me? How about you?"

"I prefer a cold beer...", Inyeop smirks.

"It's freezing...", Gayoung is staring at her coffee and smiles.

"What is it?"

"No...you just remind me of someone who always drinks ice coffee even in the coldest winter..."