Goodbye Jukyung

Thursday, February 4th
2 am

"CUT!!!"

Finally. She gets out of the car as soon as possible. And was greeted by her staff. She hugs each one of them. Feeling so grateful. Because they've been with her since the start. The Director also comes to hug her. Ga young bites her lips. Trying to hold her tears from falling. The memory of Tempted's last day of shooting flashed before her eyes. How much she missed those hugs. With Minjae. And Dohwan.

"Here...", her manager gives her a jacket. One of her favorite jackets. It was a gift from Dohwan last year.

"Thank you oppa...", Gayoung smiles and puts her jacket on.

"You must be freezing...let's get you to the car...", Hyeon unnie, one of her stylists leads her to her car. Okay, it's not really her car. But Dohwan's car. He forces her to use it because it's so much bigger. So she can sleep better between takes. And he's totally right.

Gayoung knows they must already prepare something for her. It's like a tradition. So it's not really that surprising anymore.

"CONGRATULATION!!!", manager Choi yells as soon as Gayoung's arrived in front of the car. He's Dohwan's manager. He approaches her and hands a bouquet of pink roses to Gayoung. "He said...you're doing great..."

Gayoung takes the flower. "I hate him...", she mumbles. She knows it was impossible. But she can't help to hope that Dohwan will suddenly pop up somehow.

"He'll be back soon...", manager Choi tries to cheer her up.

Gayoung thinks they have different interpretations of the word soon.

"Hey...you know that kid love you too much...that's why he's here...", Jeff, her manager nudges her and points at manager Choi. Gayoung chuckles. Yeah, that's probably right. Dohwan insists to lend his manager to help her during the True Beauty filming even though she has her own manager already.

"Okay, gather up...I'll take the photo...", manager Choi asks them to gather up.

"Wait...Oppa you should take a photo with us...", Gayoung asks him to join them.

"I better not..."

"Why?"

"Because...", her manager looks at her meaningfully.

"Oh right...", Gayoung suddenly remembers that manager Choi isn't here officially. He's here because someone in the military being overprotective.

=========

After the little surprise party and another goodbye video interview, she was finally alone in the car. On her way home. She takes one of the flower bouquets. From a very special sender. Gayoung sighs. Staring at that flower makes her miss him even more. She checks her phone. One message from Dohwan.

Dohwan: Good luck with the last day of filming...hope everything goes as planned...I am sorry I probably can't call you when you're done...but text me when you're home okay?? Wear your jacket, drink your vitamins...and don't overthinking, you're doing great...I'll see you very soon...Love you my Youngie...

Gayoung can't hold her tears anymore. She's sobbing uncontrollably. Not sure if that's because she missed him too much or because she's beyond exhausted. Maybe both.

==================
2 pm

Gayoung stirs from her sleep. Feeling lost. What day is it? How long did she sleep? She looks around. Wait. This isn't her apartment. Oh right. She was crying last night and her manager offered to drive her here. And she just nods hopelessly. She knew the apartment was empty. She just wanted to feel his presence somehow.