Chapter 25

Deku's POV
Rae came up to me when I finally got to class. "What happened, Izu?" He asked softly. I smiled at him. "I'll show you after school." I replied, giving him a teasing grin before my face went back to its normal resting position. "Look.. Rae. I'm so sorry about Fei. I don't know what he was about to say but I think it was just impulsive. Please don't hold it against him." I sighed, holding his hand gently. "Of course not. I haven't known Fei for long but I can already tell he's a good person." He laughed. Relief filled my chest as I laughed with him. "Thanks." I murmured happily. The others came us to us. "What happened to Fei?" Ein asked. "Nothing much. He was just feeling a little sick so I recommended he stayed in the dorms." I lied. They nodded just as out teacher walked in. "Alright everyone. Settle down." Mr. Fuyugi said. He looked at Rae and I. "It's nice to see you two back again but where's Fei?" He asked. "He's in the dorms. I think he caught whatever Rae had." I said. He nodded. "Tell him I said feel better." I nodded.

"But since you're here Izuku, I was wondering if you could fill us in on why you guys transferred. I know they said on your files that it was confidential, but my curiosity is killing me." He joked. I looked at the group and they shrugged. "We don't mind. You can tell him." Mace said. I nodded. "Alright. I'll start from the beginning then." I said. Mr. Fuyugi nodded.  "For my first year, I attended UA. Things were pretty good until mid year when something happened. Because of this 'something', I moved to the states and started fresh. I met this one group called the Aces and we became great friends. One of them I was especially close with; had a huge crush on them. We had an opportunity to come back to Japan for a small program the school was having for the Aces. Basically we had to attend UA for the rest of our high school years. So we went and I thought it was going pretty well at first. But one morning I went for coffee and came back to everyone accusing me of being a traitor. Said I stole files from the school and gave them to villains. Everyone turned against me besides Fei. I was sent to Tartarus and stayed there for five months. That's where I met these guys who were also in there because they were framed. When I got out, I switched Fei and I out of UA and here we are." I said, sighing. The class stared back at me shocked. "Oh.. wow." Mr. Fuyugi said. Camie looked at me. "I'm so sorry Izuku. All of you actually. You shouldn't have gone through that." She said sadly. Shindo glared at her. "What are you even saying Camie. They got out of Tartarus and get to have a better life with people who will actually believe in them and help them get stronger. You should've said, which I will say for all of us now," He paused to look me in the eyes. "We're happy for you, man." He said. I smiled at him. "Thanks. That means a lot." I replied. He smiled back before turning back around in his seat. "He's right, Izuku. We are happy for you. But I have something to tell you and you probably won't like it." Teach said, his face cringing slightly. "What is it? I'm sure it can't be that bad." I said, trying to make him feel better. He shook his head. "But it is. I thought the reason for your transfer would be something small, like a disagreement or a fight. Not being accused and sent to Tartarus." He said angrily, mostly for himself. He walked up to my desk before bowing all the way down. "The Hero Commission decided to have a student popularity poll and UA is hosting it. Selected students from different schools will gather at UA for this poll that will last one week." He said, keeping his head down. "And?" I asked, confused as to what this had to do with me.

"I selected Ein, Mace, Rae, Anos, Fei, Shindo, Camie, Inasa, and... you for the poll." He said quietly but loud enough for the whole class to hear. Camie gasped and covered her mouth with her hand. Mr. Fuyugi kept his head down but I could see the tears running down his face. I stood up silently as he continued crying. "I should've asked you what happened before I sent the names in. I'm so sorry Izuku. And I know a simple sorry isn't enough but please believe me when I say that I would not have done it had I known. I think of all my students as my own children and would never even think of doing something so horrible on purpose. Please forgive me." He rambled. I wrapped my arms around him gently while laughing. "It's okay, teach. I could tell from the minute I walked in your class on day one that you were and would be an amazing and caring teacher." He looked up shocked. "So don't beat yourself up, old man. I forgive you." I finished. He trembled slightly before engulfing me in a bear hug. "Thank you, Izuku." He cried into my uniform. "It's no problem, teach. I don't think any of us mind going, right?" I asked, looking at them. They nodded back at me. "Yeah. We don't mind if Izu doesn't." Rae said, smiling. I looked back at teach. He smiled at me gratefully. "So when do we leave?" I asked. "Two days." He said. I looked away before looking back at him quickly. "Two days?!" I said loudly. He looked down at the floor again and I winced silently. "You know what? I think two days is perfect. I'll have enough time to pack and everything." I said, trying to cheer him up. He looked up and squeezed me again before letting go. "Thank you guys. I'm just glad you don't hate me." He said wiping his eyes before walking back up to the front of the room. "Well since we've cleared out everything on the table, unless someone else has something to say, let's get started with class, shall we?" He joked. I sat back down in my seat as class started.