Chapter 30

Deku's POV
I woke up before Nex and got up quickly, gently rolling him off of my arm. He shuffled in his sleep before facing away from me. I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower before heading back into the room in a robe. "Nex.. wake up." I whispered gently, rubbing his shoulder. He stretched his arms over his head before sitting up. "What time is it?" He asked, yawning. "Half past nine." I answered, getting dressed quickly. "You should shower." I said, tying my belt. "You trying to tell me I stink?" He joked, getting out of bed. "Of course not." I laughed. "But it'll make you feel better." I said, turning to face him. He nodded and headed into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. I sat on the bed and turned my phone back on. My notifications were blown up with texts from Ein and Inasa mainly. The others texted only a few times asking were I was before saying goodnight and not texting again. I decided to call Inasa. He picked up on the first ring. "IZUKU!" He yelled happily. "Hey Ina." I laughed. "Where'd you go?" He asked. "Something happened so I left early. I'll tell you about it later." I said. "Alright. Should I tell the others you called?" He went quiet. "Yeah. Especially Ein. He's gonna kill me when I get back." I laughed. He laughed loudly before saying his goodbyes and hanging up. Nex came out of the bathroom in a towel. "What do I wear?" He asked quietly. My eyes widened as I took in his form. His body was filled out but still petite. Slim thighs, a small waist, and a- "Will you stop staring, you creep." His voice cut off my thoughts.
"Can you really blame me?" I laughed. He shook his head at me before smiling. "You still haven't answered my question." He said. "Oh yeah. I asked for some clothes from the front desk earlier so they should be here by now. I can't guarantee they'll fit perfectly but it's better than your shitty clothes from yesterday." I said, matter of factly. "Wow. Thanks." He deadpanned. I smiled sheepishly before pointing to the stack of clothes that was still sitting on the counter by the door. He followed my finger before nodding his thanks and walking away. I saw him take the clothes into the bathroom before flopping back onto the bed. I sighed loudly before closing my eyes, waiting patiently. A few minutes later, I hear the bathroom door open. Nex walked out dressed in mom jeans and a tight fitting t-shirt that said 'honey'. "Heyy! That actually looks really nice on you." I said, giving him a thumbs up in approval. He laughed back at me breathily before moving to put his shoes on. "By the way, I need to go back to the school I'm attending for a program of sort so would you mind coming with me?" I asked, tilting my head slightly. He looked up at me from where he was tying his shoes and flushed a bright red before looking away quickly. "Oh.. uh yeah. I'm fine with that. Should we leave now?" He stammered. I smiled brightly before nodding quickly. "And for the record, we will have to walk there since I left so abruptly and left the keys to the car with my friends." I pointed out. Nex sighed loudly before looking at me annoyed. "You suck ass." He said, looking straight at me.

I was about to make a dirty comment when I stopped myself, only acknowledging his statement with a small smirk and head tilt. He looked back at me confused before walking out and swiftly pulling me off of the bed. "Jeez. You're strong as hell." I muttered, not missing his soft laugh. "You have no idea." Nex smiled, walking out of the door. "Not even gonna wait for me? Or at least hold the door?" I asked, quickly following behind him. "No. Why should I?" He looked up at me, smiling widely. "Maybe because I saved you last night?" His smile quickly dropped as he turned his eyes forward. I rubbed the back of my neck. "Sorry. That was uncalled for." He took a deep breath. "Yeah.." The rest of the walk back to the dorms was silent.

As we were approaching the entrance, I grabbed Nex's arm. "Nex." I started. He turned to look at me, silently. "I'm really sorry about what I said back at the hotel. I said it already but you deserve to hear it again: it was uncalled for. And this might not mean shit to you, but I would never make you repay me for something like that and I wouldn't wish that on anyone who did owe me. Please forgive me. And you know I-" He interrupted me by grabbing my arm. "You're rambling." He let go. "Right. Sorry." I stared down at him. "And it's okay, I forgive you. I know you didn't mean it." He said. I sighed in relief as he turned to walk away. He stopped midway. "I know you would never mean it, even in this universe." He mumbled. "I'm sorry? I don't think I'm following."  I said, furrowing my brows. He turned quickly. "It's not important. And aren't we supposed to meet your friends?" He replied. "Right.. Follow me." I said, walking by him as he quickly followed behind me.

**********************************************
Hi my loves. I'm really sorry for the short update after almost a year without one. I was having a lack of motivation and was seriously considering discontinuing this book. I've decided otherwise but cannot ensure that I will update relatively quick.
And I want to thank everyone for the concerned dms and comments. I also appreciate all the people going off on those who kept rushing an update lmao 💕