Chapter 32

Deku's POV
Completely ignoring Jirou, I turned around and left the room, heading to mine. I held Nex's hand as Camie and Inasa followed behind us silently.

As I opened the door, Shindo and Fei looked up from my bed. "Hey guys." I said, holding the door for the others to come in. "Hey Izu. Who's he?" Shindo answered. "Guys, this is Nex. Had a little issue yesterday so I stayed with him at a hotel." I said. They just nodded and looked back at their phones. Fei looked up again, "Wait a sec. Isn't 'Nex' another word for death?" Nex pales at the question as everyone turned to him. "Uh yeah. My parents were villains so that's what they called me..." He looked around. Fei looked at me quickly. "Unique...? I guess?" Shindo replied. When he went back to his phone, I looked around. Camie was staring at me, pissed. As I was about to say something, she stood up, walking to me quickly. "Camie you alr-" Inasa didn't have time to finish as Camie gave me a crisp slap. The room was silent as she breathed heavily, riling her around back for a second one. I let her hit me again, waiting for her to say something. "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" She screamed. I looked at her blankly. "I don't understand what you mean..." I answered slowly. Her face turned red. "YOU DONT KNOW?! Why the FUCK would you humiliate Jirou like that?! I understand you haven't forgiven them for what they've done to you but that doesn't mean you get to do every little thing to get back at them any way you can!" Inasa tried to pipe in but she glared at him sharply, shutting him up immediately. "AND WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CANNOT DO CAMIE?! I might've told you what they did vaguely, but you couldn't even begin to understand what I was going through or how I felt!" I yelled back. She stepped back, not expecting my anger. "I AM A WOMAN IZUKU! I FEEL FOR HER EVEN IF I DONT LIKE HER!" She shoved me into the wall. "AND AS OF RIGHT NOW, I DONT KNOW IF I EVEN BELIEVE WHAT YOUVE SAID ABOUT THEM! CAUSE FROM WHAT IVE SEEN, THEYVE DONE NOTHING BUT TRY TO TALK TO YOU AND YOURE THE ONE BRUSHING THEM OFF." Fei stood up from where he was lying on the bed. "Okay you need to shut the fuck up Camie. Izuku is only reciprocating the energy he's been receiving from them his whole life. You have no right to involve yourself." He said, pissed. "Shut up. No one is talking to you." She disregarded him and turned back to me. "You're horrible Izuku." She said in feign calmness. I felt a pain in my chest. "Yeah. I guess so." I whispered, leaving the room and slamming it behind me. Not knowing where to go, I left for the one place I knew I'd always be accepted.

***
I felt weird. I had to book the first flight back to the US which meant I had no luggage and had to take a plane. Which would normally be fine if I wasn't squished in between to older women. "I'm sorry ma'am." I apologized as I squeezed my legs closer, trying not to hit her. "You're alright baby." She chuckled, looking out the window. I leaned my head back trying my best to fall asleep for the almost 15 hour flight.

***
As I got off the plane, I made sure to apologize a second time to the older ladies. I haven't showered or brushed my teeth in over a day and gave them no space. They laughed and left in the opposite direction as I pulled out my phone to call my mom. When it wouldn't turn on, I dragged my feet to the exit, preparing for the hour walk home.

As I approached my house, I saw my moms car in the drive way. As expected, considering it was almost 3 in the morning. I knocked on the door loudly before sitting on the stairs. Mom is a deep sleeper and doesn't wake up to get ready for work until 7:30. After a few minutes went by with no answer, I decided to wait. I laid down, trying to make myself as comfortable as possible. I felt tears build up before I shut them tightly, pushing them away. I don't need mom seeing me crying, when I know she's been doing her best to make me happy. I kept my eyes closed until I eventually fell asleep.

"IZU?!" A voice yelling woke me up. I opened my eyes to see my mom standing over me. "Hi mom." I said, standing up. Tears immediately started welling up in her eyes. "What's happened to you? Come inside." She ushered me in, asking a million questions a second. "Mom I'm exhausted. Can I just shower and go to sleep for a bit?" I asked softly. She nodded quickly before pushing me up the stairs. "Yes okay! I'm going to take the day off." She said. "Oh you don't need to do that mom." I responded. "I wouldn't be able to focus anyway without knowing what happened. Go shower. I'll make you some breakfast and meet you in your room." She shook her head. I was silent for a second, smiling softly. "Thank you mom." I dragged myself into my bathroom. Seeing everything was the way I left it, I quickly stripped and hopped in the shower. I made sure to wash my hair and use my strawberry scented body wash before leaving, hanging a towel low on my hips as I brushed my teeth and headed to my room. I put on some lotion and got dressed in sweats and a black wife beater before falling face first into my cold bed sheets. After a few minutes, I heard a small knock on my door before my mom came in, a stack of pancakes and bacon on a tray. "Eat this." She said laying it beside me. "Thank you mom." I said, putting it on my lap. She quietly watched me as I ate. After finishing the pancakes, I looked at her. "You don't need to watch me eat, you know?" I laughed. She shook her head. "You've lost so much weight. I need to make sure you're eating right." I looked down at myself. I had lost a lot of my muscle mass focusing on my problems without even realizing it. As I put the last piece of bacon in my mouth, I set the tray aside and looked down at my lap. Mom lifted my chin, making me face her. "Tell me everything." She demanded. I sighed as I told her about everything. Seeing class A, meeting Fei, going to Tartarus, finding Nex, and my argument with Camie." She sighed. "When I saw you leaving for Tartarus, I thought I was going to lose you forever. It took so much of me to come back to the US not knowing if you were okay. I felt like I had abandoned you." She explained. "Mom. There was never a time I thought you abandoned me. I met nice people there: Rae, Anos, Ein, Mace... I wouldn't replace anything that's happened to me because there's always been some good in them that have made me who I am today." I held her hand, feeling tears build up. I tried to push them away but one slipped free. It's been years since I last cried. Mom looked at me, pushing back her own. She held my face in hands. "It's okay to cry Izuku. Even if you don't wanna cry in front of anyone else, you can cry in front of me. I'm your mom and you're my only son." She spoke. The wall I've been holding up for years suddenly broke down as I cried into my mother. As she held my head against her chest, I was five again. Wondering why God made me quirkless.

Wondering why I was chosen to never be a hero.
***

End.