Chapter 28

Deku's POV
"..ku.." I heard a quiet voice say. Grumbling, I turned around trying to ignore it. "..Zuku." I heard it again. "Izuku! If you don't wake your ass up I swear to fuck!" I bolted up. "What?!" I yelled. Fei and Anos were leaning down in front of my face. "What happened?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. "It's time for the poll. Get ready. You have an hour." Fei said, pulling me off of the bed. I hummed as I stood up, quickly picking out clothes and heading into the bathroom.

"We'll be in the common room! Come down when you're ready!" I heard Mace yell. "Okay!" I quickly washed my hair and used my favorite strawberry body wash. Once I thought I was set, I stepped out. Wrapping a towel around my waist, I started brushing my teeth while combing my fingers through my hair to untangle it. I let my hair rest on my shoulders as I spat out the toothpaste. Looking up in the mirror, I played with the ends of my hair before picking up the scissors that were by the sink. "Well... you only live once..." I said to myself.

***
I saw the 1-A students staring at me as I came down the stairs, making my way towards the common room. "Oh! You look amazing, Izu!" Anos exclaimed as I walked up to him and the others. "Thanks." I smiled, pushing my hair back. Fei smiled. "You hardly cut any off and it made so much of a difference." I laughed. "Yeah.. it was getting a bit long so I did what I had to do." Mace chuckled. "Even though you cut a few inches your hair is still pretty long." He said. I nodded, smiling.

"Where is the poll being held again?" I asked, looking at the group. "The field. We're going to be taking pictures and letting the people vote for who they want to win." Mace said. "Is there a reward if you win?" I asked, tilting my head. "I'm not sure. We'd have to ask." Fei answered. I nodded my head as I walked back towards the door. "Let's get going then." I said, waiting for them to catch up. They smiled back at me as they ran to catch up. "By the way.. where's Shindo and the others?" I questioned. "We told them to go ahead since we were waiting for you." Anos replied as we walked out of the dorms, completely ignoring class A in the process. I nodded as we continued our way to the field, making small talk. As we approached, I saw a bunch of covered booths and photo shoot setups.

Mr. Fuyugi ran over to us quickly. "Oh thank the stars your here. We're about to miss the school shoot." He panted. "School shoot?" Anos questioned. "Yes. For the poll, they will be taking pictures of us as a class representing our school." He states. We nodded slowly for him to continue. "Every day, after the votes are counted, the school with the least amount of votes will be eliminated until there is only one school left. That one school will then move onto individual student shoots. The process will continue the same way until there is only one student left. That one student will win the poll and the prize." He finished. "Well what's the prize?" I asked. His eyes widened. "I wasn't supposed to say that. You didn't hear anything from me, okay? And plus, it doesn't matter what the reward is until you make it to last school standing." He said, smirking. I grinned back at him widely before turning to the group. "Guys.., we have a poll to win." They cheered loudly as we ran over to the women who were supposed to dress us.

***
"Izuku and Inasa, right? Call me Lynn. I will be your photographer for the day." The blonde said. We nodded. "We'll be taking multiple photos, but for now we need to take a standard class photo." She stated, turning to face her camera. "Alright. Where do we stand?" I asked. She turned back a glared at me. "Even elementary students know how to take a standard class photo; tallest in the back." Lynn rolled her eyes as she faced her camera again. I held my hands up in surrender as Inasa and I walked towards the rest of the class. "Fucking dumbass.." I heard her mumble. Inasa looked at me worriedly as I turned sharply to face her. "Look, I don't know what's your problem, but your attitude really isn't appropriate. You need to remember that you are a photographer, not a hero, not a sidekick, not a teacher, not my mom, and definitely not my friend." I spoke as I counted on my fingers. "The commission is paying you to take our pictures, not run your mouth like a fucking parrot." I insulted. "The only thing I want to hear out of your mouth for the next two hours are direction or compliments. Let me hear you say one thing unprofessional, to me or my friends, and I swear to fuck I will get you fired." I turned around. "Let's take some awesome pictures, yeah? I want to win." I finished, looking at her over my shoulder with a sharp glare before dragging Inasa away with me by the arm.