1

ACADEMY OF THE DARK ARTS

Pov Amelia

"Prudence is it true that this year you will participate in the Lupercals with Alex?"

She nodded her head to answer Agatha's question then she turned to me with a wicked smile making me want more than anything else in the world right now to escape to another place.

Always with that malicious tone of voice hidden by false courtesy she asked me '' and are you going to participate? ''

Before I could answer the question, someone else behind my back did it for me.

'' You should know by now that Amelia doesn't participate in this kind of event. About her Her moral principles prevent her from joining the rest of us poor sinners. ''

I immediately recognized the voice of the boy who, after answering for me, sat down next to me with his lunch tray.

Giving me a wicked smile and he replied, '' Amelia we have been practically friends since we were born and I highly doubt that you have upset your way of thinking in just one morning ''.

I put my arm around his shoulders and pulled him towards me to kiss him on the cheek.

Agatha gave us a dissenting voice exclaiming "you two can be really unbearable".

Nick and I looked at each other then we both laughed at the same time. ''

Intrigued by the gossip, I urged Dorcas to expose what she knew to the whole group, only after the insistence of all present did the redhead decide to empty the bag.

'' Today a new student has arrived ... and I have also already met him. ''

Wow I expected to hear something else after all the insistence to get her to talk maybe a gossip about one of the many escapades of the high priest or something like that but certainly not just that.

Looking at the faces of the others at this table, I'm not the only one who has been disappointed with this.

He heard Agatha express her disappointment about her aloud '' you know what a news someone new is coming to this institution ... ''

'' That's not all I have to say I have heard that he comes from a fairly illustrious family and is also the only descendant left. Plus he's also very handsome and gifted in the studio. ''

Well I guess it's time for us girls to go. See you guys around. ''

When Prudence rose from the table promptly her sisters did the same and all three left, leaving Nicky and me alone.

'' If you are so sad that they are gone you can always follow them Amy. I think they'd like to have a fourth sister in their ranks. ''

Irritated by what she had said, I glared at him he laughed and shortly after my anger dissolved into thin air in seconds.

Nick has always had this effect on me that no matter how much he may have made me mad about anything I have never been able to be mad at him more than a day.

'' So what's the name of the lucky girl with whom you will go to the Lupercals? ''

'' To tell the truth, I don't know yet, maybe this year I'm not participating. ''

I looked at him in amazement. '' Are you sure you're okay? '' I ask him placing a hand on his forehead to see if he was sick that he chased away right away.

'' Nicholas Scratch has decided not to attend his favorite party of the whole year, whatever led you to say these words must be very serious. ''

He glared at me and I laughed.