14

ACADEMY OF DARK ARTS

Pov Amelia

After a quarter of an hour has passed since the chase began, we arrived at the academy, this made me realize that her destination was her room.

Then when he was about to lock himself in I entered that room by force.

Nicholas looked at me with amazed and determined air as I had never been in my life I said "Now we two talk about whether you like it or not."

Having said that, I locked the door to prevent anyone from interrupting our conversation.

Finally the time has come when I will tell him everything I think "You are acting very strange these days Nick. Would you like to explain to me what the hell is wrong with you these days?"

With a scornful voice he asked me ironically "Really ?! What part of my way of acting was not liked by you?"

I replied angrily "For example your continuous drinking these days or the fact that you are always grumpy with whoever happens to be in front of you or for your cold behavior towards me. would like to give me some explanation about it. "

Giving me a sad look he replied "You wouldn't understand ..."

I approached him and begged him to give it a try anyway "Help me understand, please!"

Nicholas in the meantime had pulled out a bottle of bourbon from the cabinet and started pouring it into a glass. Later he asked me "Tell me what causes you all this concern for me Amelia?"

What kind of questions are these?

Being closer to him I can see him from a better perspective I noticed his face tired of him and seeing him in this condition my heart breaks.

"How can you ask me such a thing? You are my best friend of course I care about you."

With a sad smile painted on his face he asks me to repeat this word to himself several times in a low voice "Friends ..."

I took the glass from his hands and said "Yes Nicholas ... we are friends, if I behaved the same way you are doing it you would worry like me in this way."

He started to stare at me very intensely and asked me seriously "Do you really want to know the cause of my condition."

I replied "Without a doubt."

Nicholas came towards me and his actions that followed were a mystery, my life was surrounded within seconds by Nicholas' strong arms that drew me even closer to him.

The vibe is awkward, after all, what would you feel when your face is inches away from that of the guy you've wanted for most of your life.

It took a second, just a second for one of my biggest dreams to come true his lips are on mine shortly after our tongues explored, searched, cuddled and hugged.

Our kiss is very sweet and romantic, it is certainly not the first kiss that I have given to someone else but it is the first that I kiss someone I love.

All the excitement I felt earlier was gone ... now I felt only love and peace that I have never felt before.

Was that love ....? I didn't know ... I had never felt so much excitement, terror, happiness, dismay and fear all together.

Now I couldn't control any part of myself ... it was as if my mind and body had suddenly detached from each other.

When the kiss came to an end due to the need for oxygen his arms squeezed me even tighter and Nicholas said "I wish I could tell you I'm sorry for my earlier gesture but I'd be lying if I told you."

Still a bit shocked by the latest events I ask him hesitantly "What does this kiss mean?"

He said to me "It means that I love you Amelia, I've been doing it for many years I just never had the courage to tell you."

I was blown away by his confession unable to say anything else he continued with his speech "For many years I wanted to confess my feelings for you but there was always something that prevented me, then the fear I had of losing you as a friend was too much so I remained silent. "

Shocked by what he said to me I started to move away from him and at the same time I never took my eyes off him "Amelia why are you staring at me like that? Please tell me something, anything."

How did you imagine me reacting to this statement?

Right now one side of me is over the moon because the guy I've loved all my life finally revealed to me that he matches my feelings, but the other side is furious it's possible he couldn't wake up a little earlier to confess your feelings to me?

We would have saved a lot of time and pain, but that still doesn't explain why he's been so rude these days. When I pointed this out to him he came up with this answer "Seeing you with that guy literally drove me crazy, I'm sorry for how I behaved. With the jealousy I felt in my heart there is no way to hold me back."

I remained silent and when Nicholas approached me with a desperate face I took a step back.

"Amelia please talk to me ..."

So I talked "Do you know what it felt like to see you not just hanging out with a single girl but with the whole academy apart from me? Do you know what it felt like to see that the boy I've been in love with since I was a child watching everyone but me?"

Nicholas realizing what I was going to tell him looks at me with a shocked air "I had no idea Amy ..."

With tears in his eyes I asked him "Do you know how many times you broke my heart by telling me about your fantastic sexual adventures that you have had with others or about all the times I kissed you someone else?"

He looked down and said to me, "I'm so sorry Amy. I never meant to hurt you for me that was the only way to not feel alone."

Surely with all that crew of sorcerers and sex demons he wouldn't have felt so alone after all.

But the time has come to leave the old for the new, I have to leave the past behind if I want to live the present in the right way.

With a decisive step I approach him and tell him what I think "Nicholas now we cannot change what happened in the past, but now we can shape our future."

Having said that, I sling on his lips.