5

ACADEMY OF DARK ARTS

Pov Amelia

I decided to stop him to ask him what had happened and if he needed help.

- '' Tom! I shouted his name but he didn't stop.

I tried again.

-Tom!

He stopped and turned to me. I saw his face and it's chilling, his whole face is covered in blood and bruises probably someone broke his nose and more. He has a black eye and swollen lips someone must have hit him too, who could want him bad?

Tom is quite feared in almost the whole school, there are very few who would dare to hit him in that way, especially there are few who can get out unharmed.

When I reach him, I take a clean handkerchief from my pockets and hand it to him. He took it and thanked me.

I led him to an armchair, we sat down and started talking.

-Tom who gave you these bruises?

He looked away from mine and stared at the floor. Was he trying to avoid the question? For what reason?

One thing is certain whatever the reason I will make him talk.

-Tom with me you can talk I do not do anything. Who was he?

He sighed then answered my question.

-It was your friend Nicholas.

I am shocked by what he said. I can't believe Nicholas could have done this to him he's not the violent type.

-Are you sure it was Nicolas? Maybe you confused him with someone else.

-I'm sure what I'm saying Amelia!

Damn it's him but then why would he have reduced Tom in this way?

So the two of them never got along but in all these years they never came to blows.

-After he finished hitting me he told me that from now on I don't have to be with you anymore or even just be near you if you don't know how it ends ...

I am amazed by what he said I still cannot believe that the Nicholas I know would have gone that far but of one thing I am sure to provoke his anger must have done something.

-I'm so sorry for what he did to you Nicholas is usually not a violent type he is just very protective of me, but what reason did you give for making him angry like that?

He looked me in the eye once more telling the truth about him.

-I wasn't doing anything wrong.

-I doubt Nick doesn't act without reason.

He sighed and spoke.

-I was talking quietly with my friends then I see your friend coming towards me pushing me to the ground and yelling at me.

He lifted me off the sofa and I told him.

- Now go to the infirmary. In the meantime, I'm going to look for him to ask him for explanations, okay?

He nodded. I turned and went to get my bag and then go to find Nicholas to shed some light on the matter because there is something that makes me think that Tom's story is leaking everywhere.

Nicholas can be a real hothead at times but at least he's never beaten random people luckily.

A few minutes later I found him sitting on the stairs looking really out of anger I noticed that his hands are all red most likely from the blows he gave.

-But what did you think you were doing by treating Tom like that before?

He watched me as he rubbed his hands.

-I see that he wasted no time in going to you to complain.

-He didn't come looking for me I met him on the street by chance and he told me that you beat him for no real reason. Would you like to tell me what was going through your mind at that moment?

He seemed reluctant to give me an answer so I invited him to give me some explanations even quickly because I'm starting to get angry too.

-Nicholas I'm losing my patience tell me why you broke his face in front of half school or is it like he says you had no reason?

-I assure you if you looked for them, I even held back. My intentions were far worse than what I did to him.

I tried to take deep breaths to try to calm down, I put the bag on the ground and I sit next to him. I take his hands in mine and pass him some ice that I summoned where it hurts.

-So tell me what exactly he did to even prevent him from approaching me without provoking your anger.

He looked at the floor as if he was avoiding looking at me so as not to answer me so I gave him one last warning.

-Nick make up your mind to talk because if I don't start to get really angry. I know very well that you had more than valid reasons for doing what you did.

-There is no reason why you should know what he did the only thing you need to know is not worth even a second of your time.

I glared at him and he made up his mind to speak.

-He was talking bad about you, he was giving you bad news in front of all his friends of him and I have not seen more.

A slight smile formed on my face knowing what he had done just to defend me but he seemed confused by my reaction.

-Thank you and even if something like this should happen in the future try not to break anyone's face, okay?

He nodded.

-In fact, I bury him directly.

I looked at him very badly but then we laughed at the situation.

-Seriously Nick is full of assholes in the world and probably will not be the first or the last I will meet I appreciate what you did next time try to react differently.

- '' I understand '' I swear he didn't have such a serious tone of voice.

-I'm serious.

-Me too.

I stared at him intently to see if he was serious but obviously he wasn't at all, what I told him probably if he has already forgotten.

Looking at his face I noticed strands of hair falling on his forehead and knowing how obsessed I was with the fact that his hair always had to be neat and combed, I fixed them with my hand.

At my gesture Nick smiled softly at me. It 'sa moment only our intimate that he seemed to appreciate, in moments like this I think that maybe he too could have the same feelings towards him but then I return to reality.

-So what do you say if we forget the asshole and go to Dorian's for a drink?

-I say I couldn't agree more.

He got up from the ground and held out his hand to me and helped me up. He took both bags and we headed for the nightclub.