8

ACADEMY OF DARK ARTS

8 YEARS BEFORE

Pov Amelia

This storm has been going on for three days now. Lightning and thunder are getting stronger.

I get out of bed to go to Nick I don't like here alone in this room, I preferred I was in the shared dormitory where Prudence, Agatha and Dorcas were also there.

If I were there at that moment there would be Prudence to keep me company but at this moment if I went to the others the risk of being discovered is higher, so I decided to go to Nicholas, who is practically in the room opposite mine.

I knocked softly on his bedroom door so as not to run the risk of waking someone I don't care about being punished by Father Blackwood. Since I received no response from Nick, I walked into his room anyway.

After entering I was careful not to make any noise as I asked for the door and then I headed towards him who was sleeping hard at this moment. Once Nicholas falls asleep it's hard to wake him up he has always been a bit lazy for this reason I often teased him.

Once I reached him he got on the bed making my way between the covers it was not the first time that the two of us slept together indeed it is since we are little that we do it is a natural thing for us.

He heard Nick whisper sleepily "Is that you Amy?"

"Yes, is it me because you were expecting someone else?" I replied with a mocking tone.

He denied with his head "Why did you come here anyway?"

I admitted to him that I felt lonely and that I couldn't sleep alone with this storm on. He with his face softened in front of this declaration made room for me in his strong arms in which I dived.

When he grows up, many things could change but for his arms they will forever be a point that gives me security.

As long as I have Nick by my side holding my hand, I know I won't have to fear anything.

After I settled in his arms he hugged me even more to him and asked me gently if I was comfortable I answered yes of course.

Gently touching my hair he asked me "Amy can I ask you a question?"

I replied "Sure."

I noticed that when he was asking me his question he avoided my gaze "Why don't you go and visit your parents anymore? Since I got back you haven't practically mentioned them."

When she asked me this question I shivered a little, it's not a subject I like to talk about. The only people who know how things really went are Prudence and Father Blackwood.

"Because they don't care about me."

Amazed by my answer he immediately turned to me and added "From the moment they left me in this place it is as if I no longer existed, every now and then I went to visit them during the holidays but I felt like an unwanted guest. shortly before you returned, I made the decision not to return home. "

With tears in his eyes he tried to comfort me by wiping my tears, I have never been a child who cried often. The only times I did it other than this was because my best friend was missing.

Then Nick said something that made my heart warm like no one has done "Your parents are fools they don't know what they missed, maybe you won't have your parents anymore but I promise you Amy that I will always be there for you. Being both free from affection from now on we will be we two will be like family. "

Those words already loaded with sweet feelings to add to Nicholas' beautiful smile made me blush. "I too will always be there for you. We promise that in time of need we will always be there in time of need and that we will never allow anyone to ever divide us."

After holding his little finger, he said "I promise."

***

Currently

Drin, Drin, Drin

Unfortunately the alarm went off awakening me from that sweet memory of my childhood, why can't things go back to how they were in those days?

I got up despite my strong desire to go back to my bed, started preparing for the day and then left the room to go to my first scheduled class for the day.

I look at the program and seeing herbology written in the program for the first hour I snorted.

The only thing I feel obliged to say about it is that herbology is not one of my favorite subjects, when I have almost reached my destination I see Nicholas leaning against the wall near the door of the classroom where my next lesson is held.

When he noticed my presence he immediately looked up with a shy smile, needless to say I'm still a little angry about yesterday. I replied to his glance not deigning a glance and headed towards my lesson pretending not to have seen him.

Before being able to cross the door you hear someone pull by the arm and within seconds Nicholas teleports us both into the old music room.

A wave of anger flooded my whole body, I don't think I've ever been so angry in my life.

I gave him a shove and asked in a loud voice "But how dare you take me out of my class and teleport me to the other side of the school without my consent?"

He was surprised at my reaction.

"I'm sorry Amy. I just wanted to apologize to you for how I behaved yesterday afternoon."

So in his mind he thought he was making peace with me by taking me out of my lesson and taking me to the classroom everyone's forgotten?

I took a moment to calm down after having calmed down a bit, I replied "I accept your apology, but a scene like yesterday's must not happen again."

He nodded silently.

He came up to me and hugged me, I immediately returned that gesture of affection. And he whispered to me "I promise you I will never behave like that in your presence again."

Loosened our embrace I exclaimed excitedly "I'm glad we made peace, I really hoped that things would settle between us so you can help me choose the dress to put on for my date tonight. You know I really hoped not to have to ask help Prudence. "

While I was jumping for joy I noticed Nicholas certainly wasn't as happy as I was. I could tell from the expression that had formed on his face when he had heard me say the last part, the one about the apartment.

"Nick, are you okay?"

Pretending indifference he replied "It's okay, don't worry. Now we both have lessons so it would be good to go but see you later."