11

ACADEMY OF DARK ARTS

Pov Amelia

After the evening in the night club Matthew accompanied me to my room the journey was unusually quiet. Once we arrive we both find ourselves in front of my door.

To break up that awkward atmosphere that had previously been created between us, I took the word "Thanks for the pleasant evening Matthew."

He replied almost immediately after "I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one who had a good time tonight."

It's true tonight I was really fine with him but that annoying little voice always comes out of my heart that always makes me question everything.

She heard Matthew say, moving a lock of my hair behind my ear "So do you think an evening like this could be a repeating experience?"

I knew exactly what the boy's real intentions were so I decided to indulge him. I took a step forward in his direction and said "I really think so."

Our two faces are very close and at one point I plucked up courage and put my lips on him.

He felt Matthew's hands slide over my waist and then grip me firmly by the hips and pull me even closer to him.

I am perfectly aware that at this moment I am commenting a serious mistake and that tomorrow I will regret it bitterly.

The boy took control of the kiss and I let him, Matthew pushed me hard against my door and from that moment on things got much more intense. While the blond guy did what he was doing the only thing I could think about is why I was letting this all happen right now.

The reason is actually much simpler than I think I really want with all my heart even if only for a few moments to try to forget the great emptiness I feel in my heart.

When he felt Matthew's soft lips descend on my neck he sensed that the time has come to put an end to this situation.

"I think we better stop here for tonight Matthew. Good night."

When he too heard him wishing me good night in a breathless voice, I closed the door behind me.

***

The day after

The morning went on smoothly and it was a very normal day of lessons if it weren't for Nicholas strangely not seen anywhere.

When I made the decision to go to the male dorms to understand what had happened to him, two female voices that I knew perfectly greeted me. At the same time they both said "Hi Amelia, you know we've been looking for you for a while."

Who knows what reason must have prompted Agata and Dorcas to look for me.

At the very thought I shivered a little, there isn't much to be quiet around when the two of them are present especially in this period that they have quarreled with Prudence.

"Hi girls! What can I do for you?"

Both of them with an evil grin said to me "You could start by telling us how she went with Matthew."

There they were, I had to guess that they would ask me this question.

"Everything went well if you really care to know."

The three of us aren't exactly best friends, but we're not exactly enemies, but that doesn't mean we don't care about each other.

It is simply the way we interact with others.

Oddly satisfied with my simple and thin answer they told me "You know there is a party tonight, we have organized it and we would like you to come too."

A party? And to celebrate what?

Then I remembered who I'm really talking to, neither Agata nor Dorcas need a real reason to party. For them any excuse is good.

"Thanks for the invitation girls I will definitely come but if I can know who will come to this party?"

In fact there is a more than valid reason why I asked them this question.

The two girls replied "There will be few people ... Then there will be Nicky, you, the new guy, Tom, Luke and another fifteen people who most likely you won't know."

I flinched when he heard Nick's name from them and Tom I anticipate this will be a very eventful evening. Then I remembered that I had to find Nicholas so I asked the two fatal sisters if they knew where that boy is.

Sometimes Nicholas really brings me to the utmost exasperation to keep up with him especially when he starts to be mysterious like in this period.

"Do you know what happened to Nicholas right now? Because I haven't seen him all day and I'm starting to worry seriously."

Dorcas replied "I'm sorry Amy I haven't seen him since last night. And you Agata?"

While Agata answered Dorcas's question I tried with all my strength to ignore that pang of jealousy that was wearing me out from within.

What the hell was Nicholas doing with Dorcas last night. Indeed, thinking about it better, I don't want to know anymore.

"Sorry Amelia but I haven't seen him either but don't worry he'll be around here somewhere having fun with who knows who. You know him better than me you should know."

Yes it's true I know him well but sometimes I really wish not to.

"Okay, thanks all the same girls. See you tonight!"

The two sisters greeted me and left then I realized that they had not yet told me where this event was taking place, so I ran after Agata and Dorcas and asked them.

They told me that their party would take place at Dorian Grey's room after they told me they left. At that moment the most spontaneous question that came to my mind was whether Prudence was aware that the beloved sisters have organized a party for her without her knowledge without even inviting her.

If things are really like this, I foresee dark times here at the academy.