>>28<<

"You called beautiful?" says Elias, appearing in Ava Mays bedroom doorway. "So you're a magic family" I say, knowing that if I asked if there were he'd say no. He looks at Ava May "birdie why did you tell her" he asks. I'm still confused about this nickname but it's so cute. "I didn't you idiot" she says, shaking her head in disappointment.

"I figured it out on my own" I tell the pair. "Oh, well are you?" Elias says, he sounds disappointed that I tricked him so easily. "Well uh i'm adopted so i've always questioned it, but my mothers are" I say. "Elias, can I talk to you in private" Ava May ask.

>>Ava May's POV<<

"What's wrong birdie?" Elias asked after I shut my bedroom door and came into the hall. "Well I was just thinking, what if she isn't adopted? What if her birth parents traded her for something?" I ask him, hoping it isn't the case. "It's pretty much the same as being adopted but..." he says. "But what?!?" I reply, "Most magic families adopt children that are no doubt magic too, if she was traded she may not be magic at all. She may just be a portion." he explains to me. "Okay" I say.

>>Safia's POV<<

Did I hear that right?? I could have been traded by my birth parents! Ava May walks back in the door and I try to put a smile on my face. "Hey uh I have to go, I have plans with mom and ma and promised I wouldn't be out too late" I say hoping she doesn't see through my lie. "Oh ok, have a good night" she says, walking closer to me. Before I realize what's happening she plants a kiss on my cheek and whispers in my ear, "Sweet dreams tonight".

>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<

I go straight to my room, I need to calm down and think of a way to bring this up. I could just straight up ask. Or maybe I could ask where I was adopted from. Who are my birth parents, maybe that's a good question. Wait, I know what to ask. I make my way downstairs and into their room for everything magic. "Do you guys still have my adoption papers?" I ask them. They look at each other with a look of fear and worry on their faces.