>>31<<

I sit alone. All alone, in the hospital waiting room. Waiting for information on my ex-girlfriend who just passed out in my bedroom.
I see Elias talking to a nurse who points in my direction. He seems to be holding a pile of something. He catches sight of me and begins to walk closer. As he approaches I can tell what the pile is. It's my clothes, the ones she was wearing when she passed out.

He sits down next to me without saying a word. He seems to be really good at masking his emotions because I have no clue how he is feeling. He looks at me and that's when I see it in his eyes. Regret, he's full of regret. Why though? We still don't even know what's wrong, how could he regret something.

>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<

About an hour later a doctor comes out to talk to us. Us still being just me and Elias. I wonder why her parents aren't here. Then the doctor starts telling us what caused her to faint.

"She has injuries consistent with being beaten and raped. She also has some internal bleeding. Physically she should be fine, but emotionally it'll be tough. We've collected DNA and the person should be caught." she tells us. I look at Elias and his regret seems to have grown. "C-can we see her?" I ask, "you may" she replies.

We follow her down the hallway and into her room. Elias is still holding the pile of my clothes. I feel like I should take them from him but before I can my thoughts are interrupted. "Can we go back to what we were doing before I collapsed?" I hear her ask. I crawl into the small bed with her and she wraps her arms around me. "This always makes everything seem better, but it feels like something is missing" She whispers.

"Maybe it's this," Elias says, holding up my hoodie. She nods and sits up. He walks over and helps her slip the hoodie on. "Wait Elias, where are the twins? Please tell me you didn't leave them alone with...." she says trailing off at the end. "They're at a friends house. Birdie you know they're going to arrest dad for what he did to you. No matter how drunk he was" He responds.

Did he just say their dad did something to her? Did he do this? I hope he dies in jail. I suppose that's why Elias was filled with regret. He knew what happened. I can't imagine what they both are going through. If only I hadn't left so fast. Maybe none of this would have happened. 

I'm definitely gonna get murdered for this