FOUR

•H-E-L-P M-E•

•H-E-L-P M-E•

Word count 1363

"Stiles.... I know that look..... what is it?" Cassandra asks him as worry enters her mind. "You said your mom left you this letter when she ran away and to this day you don't know why she ran away?" Stiles asks her frantically as his eyes seem to scan the paper over and over again. Cassandra tried to figure out what he was talking about but the letter looked normal. "Just tell me Stiles!" Cassandra yelled as she grabbed his arm. He glanced down at her arm grabbing his and took a deep breath. "Look at the letter... notice her choice of words... it's all odd." Stiles explains as he holds the paper in front of Cassandras face.

"I've read this over a million times Stiles.." Cassandra mumbled as she handed him back the paper. "Maybe that's why you didn't notice it... or maybe because I'm just a genius..." Stiles rambles causing Cassandra to nudge his arm. "What? What did I miss?" She asks him sharply. "Look." Stiles tells her as he leans over her shoulder. He wraps his arms around her as he places the paper in front of her face. She felt chills enter her body due to how close Stiles was to her.

"Read that." Stiles tells her as he gently runs his finger down the side of the page. "I don't see anything." Cassandra huffed in frustration. "Read the first letter of every sentence... I knew it sounded weird.. the way she worded things." Stiles tell her as he points at each letter. "Read the first letter of each line." Stiles tells her softly.

hate to do this because I love you
even though this is not what I want... I have to
leave you.
please don't be
mad
eventually you will understand. Love mom.

"H.... E... L.... P.... M....E." She mumbles in disbelief. "If you don't know how to read.... it spells out help me." Stiles says sarcastically. Cassandra nearly falls over as she read over the letters over and over again. Stiles places his hands on her waist in order to steady her as she stumbled backwards. "Do you.... do you know what this means...?" She stutters as she feels like she can no longer breathe. She started hyperventilating as Stiles felt his face fall as he stared at her.

"You are okay just breathe." Stiles reassures her as he helps her stand back up. "It means for the past ten years she's needed my help and I haven't even looked for her." Cassandra chokes out as she holds back tears. "You were a kid when it happened Cassie... she had to know that you wouldn't be able to figure it out till you were older." Stiles reassures her as he gently rubs her back. She turned to face him before wrapping her arms around him and pulling him into a hug. He was caught off guard at first but immediately hugged her back. She felt safe in his arms and she knew he would do anything to help her. Stiles was just happy he was getting a chance to hug her. He accidentally touched her arm causing her to wince in pain.

"I'm sorry." He says softly as he pulls away from her. He gently grabs her hand and looks up and meets her eyes. He quickly looks back down at her hand and noticed it looked even worse than before. It was a darker shade of black and the veins were more evident. "It's because I haven't used my powers in a while." Cassandra says nervously as she quickly hides her hands in her sleeves. It felt like she was being stabbed over and over again in her hands but she couldn't let Stiles know how much it actually hurt. Stiles reached out for her arm but she quickly moved it out of his reach. The sound of the school alarm blaring through the hallways caused the two to quickly break apart.

"Crap... I'm supposed to be at PE!" Cassandra yelled frantically as she quickly wiped the stray tears off her face. "We can pick this up later!" Stiles yelled as he watched Cassandra rush into the girls locker room. Stiles sighed as he looked down at the note one last time. He ran a hand through his hair as he walked to his next class. He explained everything to Scott. "Why would her mom be asking for help? What could Cassie even help her with? She was a six year old kid when it happened." Stiles rambled to Scott. "I don't know but the whole thing with her arms probably has something to do with it." Scott whispers before the teacher yells at them.

Stiles sighed as he couldn't get his mind off of Cassandra. He didn't see her for the rest of the day and he couldn't give her a ride home because he had lacrosse practice after school. "Dude are you even listening to a word I am saying right now?" Scott asked Stiles in disbelief as Stiles seemed to be zoning out. "Yeah... yeah I'm sorry." Stiles stuttered as he followed the other boy out of the locker room. Stiles walked out onto the field to the sound of Jackson whistling. Stiles groaned as he looked over at Jackson staring at the cheerleaders practicing. "Hey ladies!" Jackson yelled at them. Stiles looked through the group of girls and saw Lydia but didn't see Cassandra. Stiles noticed Cassandra rushing towards the field as she struggled to put her hair up. "Hey Cassie!" Jackson yelled at her as he headed over to her.

She flipped him off as she started stretching for practice. When she bent over Jackson made weird noises at her causing Stiles to gag. "Jackson get over here! No one wants to hear those noises come from your mouth!" Coach Finstock yells at him. Stiles laughs as he walks over to Coach. Per usual Stiles was sitting on the bench during practice which gave him time to stare at Cassandra. He watched as she flipped her body around like crazy. He knew Cassandra hated cheerleading but they needed her because she did all the flips and cool crap. She was wearing a tight tank top and shorts and Stiles kept trying to look away from her but his eyes always found their way to her.

"Stop staring." Scott huffed as he sat down next to his friend. "What? I'm not staring!" Stiles replied sharply. Scott rolled his eyes as he patted his friends back. Cassandra huffed as she felt two sets of eyes on her. She knew one of them was Jackson and she quickly glared at him but she couldn't figure out who else was looking at her. She started practicing her routine when she felt pain surge through her arms. She bit her lip in order to not show emotion but it was becoming unbearable. Her eyes landed on Stiles who was laughing at something Scott had told him. He looked so cute causing a smile to form on her face. Her smile soon fell as more pain surged through her arm. She tried to do a front walk over but her arms gave out causing her to fall onto the grass. She heard footsteps quickly running through the grass towards her. "You okay?" Stiles asked her nervously. "I'm fine." She huffed as she pushed her body off of the ground and stood back up.

"Are you sure? Your arms look horrific." Stiles mumbled nervously as he looked at her with concern. She glanced down at her arms and she noticed the darkness had creeped further up her arm. "Bilinski what are you doing?" Coach Finstock screams at Stiles. "I gotta go... I'll talk to you later." Stiles mumbled frantically as he ran back to his team. Jackson tightened his jaw as he stared at Cassandra and Stiles. He wanted Cassandra and he always got what he wanted. Jackson felt more anger enter his body as he noticed Issac waving at the blonde haired girl. She smiled and instantly waved back at him.

"Stiles is staring at you." Lydia tells Cassandra playfully. "I'm pretty sure he's actually staring at you." Cassandra replies sharply. Lydia rolls her eyes at her friend. Lydia knew Stiles liked Cassandra but Cassandra couldn't seem to figure it out.

_______________________________
Ugh I need a stiles 😩