FOURTEEN

•The Creek•Word count 1501

•The Creek•
Word count 1501

"Can mouses see in the dark?" Cassandra asked the boy playfully as they made their venture through the woods. "Is this your way of avoiding me asking you actual important questions?" Stiles asked her playfully as he walked beside her. She simply shrugged her shoulders as she continued walking next to him. "Why don't you tell the police about your foster dad hitting you?" Stiles asks her in a serious tone. "When did Scott become a werewolf?" Cassandra asks Stiles as she completely avoids the question he just asked her. Stiles sighs as he follows behind the girl. They reach the small creek and both peer down into the water beneath them. "Are we sure it's a key we are looking for?" Cassandra asks the boy softly. "It's the only thing that makes sense... but why would she hide it in a creek...... that makes no sense to me." Stiles mumbles as he looks around the woods. Cassandra takes a step into the water causing Stiles to widen his eyes at her.

"Okay just step right in." He says sarcastically as he laughs at her. She ignores him as she starts walking through the water scanning it for the key. "I guess we are doing this." Stiles mumbles as he takes off his shoes and follows behind her. Stiles felt the cold water soaking the bottom of his pants but Cassandra seemed unfazed by it. "No offense to your mother but this is the worst hiding spot. It could have been washed away or buried underneath the water. How in the hell are we supposed to find it?" Stiles mumbles in disbelief as he kicks around the water. Cassandra runs her hand through her hair as she looks over at the boy behind her. He playfully splashed her with water causing her to squeal. He runs over to her and wraps his arms around her waist causing her to laugh loudly as her voice echoed through the empty forest. Stiles dips her body down as he pretends to drop her into the water. "Stiles!" She screams as her face nearly touches the water. He sets her down on her feet as she takes a deep breath.

"Well maybe my mom wants me to find it with magic." Cassandra huffs. Stiles widens his eyes at the girl. "This isn't Harry Potter!" He yells at her in disbelief. She glared at him as she closed her eyes and tried to focus on finding the key. "Maybe you will turn into a mermaid." Stiles tells her sarcastically. Stiles quietly walked over to her as he kept his eyes on her. She kept her eyes shut as Stiles noticed blood dripping down her nose and ears. He felt the water underneath him starting to move. It started to shake like crazy but then it stopped. Stiles watched as Cassandra opened her eyes but started to stumble backwards. She accidentally splashed him with water due to her falling over. She looked exhausted as she collapsed in the boys arms. He made sure he quickly caught her before she hit the water. "It's not here." She coughed out as she spit out blood into the water. Stiles looked at her with concern.

Was she okay? Her eyes were shut and she wasn't moving. Stiles put his finger on her pulse to make sure she was still alive. He felt a rush of relief take over his body at the feeling of her heart beating. He picked her up and carried her out of the water. She told him the key wasn't there but if it really wasn't there where else could it be. Cassandra was still unconscious as he carried her to his jeep. He grabbed a blanket from his trunk and wrapped it around her body. He wondered how she could look so beautiful even when she was unconscious. He grabbed some tissues and wiped the blood off of her face. If finding a key had this much of an effect on her body he wondered what doing big spells would do to her. He didn't want her to get hurt.... he just wished he knew more about what was happening to her. He opened up his trunk revealing the big chest they had discovered the other day. He reread the message written on the side. The solution to your problem can be found in the reservoir beneath the trees. If the reservoir wasn't a body of water what could it be.

He needed to do more research so he drove the girl to his house. He kept glancing over at her every now and then to make sure she was still alive. She was still passed out in the seat next to him. Stiles thought she looked so cute but Stiles had to remind himself not to think like that. She was one of his best friends and nothing more. He arrived at his house and carried her inside. "Stiles.... you wanna tell me why you are carrying a half conscious girl into our house?" Stiles dad asks him sharply the second he walks through the door. "She's not half conscious she's completely unconscious." Stiles replies sarcastically as he tries to walk past his dad but his dad quickly stops him. "Why are you carrying a girl who is unconscious in your arms? I'm not going to ask you again." Stiles dad asks him sharply.

"Relax It's not some girl....it's Cassandra." Stiles tells him sarcastically. "Why is she unconscious?" His dad asks him sharply. Stiles looks down at the girl in his arms and try's to come up with a good lie but he can't seem to think of one. His dad already knew about werewolves and stuff but he didn't know if he wanted to tell him about Cassandra. "She has magical powers that make her tired." Stiles explains frantically. "Okay.... if she dies in my house I'm going to kill you." Stiles dad tells him sharply as he walks past him. Stiles sighs as he carries her to his room. He gently places her down on his bed. He placed her head on a pillow and made sure he covered her body with blankets. Once he made sure she was okay he went straight to his computer and started researching "Reservoirs." He heard movement from his bed and looked over at Cassandra moving her body around while she was still asleep. He noticed her arms were back to looking like death and he felt horrible for her. He could only imagine how much pain they caused her and not to mention the fact that she got the crap beaten out of her by her foster dad. Stiles found himself staring at her perfect face. He noticed a bruise underneath her right eye. She started moving as he could head her mumbling words in her sleep. He quickly got out of his chair and sat down on the bed next to her. He heard her crying and quickly pulled her into his arms.

"It's okay.... you are safe.... it's just a dream." He reassured her as he held her in his arms. He gently ran his hand across her back as he hoped it would make her feel better. She continued to cry as she opened her eyes slowly. "How did I get here?" She mumbles as her voice cracks. "I kidnapped you." Stiles says sarcastically causing her to roll her tired eyes at him. She quickly wiped away her tears as she felt like she could pass out all over again. "Did you find anything about the reservoir?" Cassandra asked Stiles curiously as she tried to sit her body up. She felt a rush of weakness overtake her as she gently fell back in his arms. "I think you need some more sleep." Stiles tells her softly as he runs his hand through her hair. She didn't respond as she felt her eyes get heavy. Stiles felt his heart beating quickly as he looked down at the girl asleep in his lap. He gently placed her on his bed and started to walk back to his desk.

"Will you hold me?" Cassandra asked him softly. Stiles eyes widened as his mouth couldn't seem to form words. "Sure." He stuttered as he practically sprinted back to the bed. He nervously climbed into the bed next to the tried girl. She rested her head on his chest as he wrapped his arm around her. He was internally freaking out because she was so close to him. She smelled like vanilla and cinnamon causing him to fall for her even more than he had before. She felt so soft in his arms he wanted to hold her forever. Stiles felt like she could hear how loud his heart was beating against her head. He dreamed of holding her like this for what seemed like forever but he never knew she would actually need him like this.

_______________________________
I wanna cuddle stiles 😩