TWENTY THREE

•Reunited•Word count 1129

•Reunited•
Word count 1129

"What if something bad happened to them?" Cassandra mumbled nervously as she currently was sitting in the back of Stiles car. Allison, Lydia, Cassandra and Issac were all waiting for Stiles and Scott to meet them there. They were supposed to get released from the hospital at that planned time but they didn't seem to be there. "Give them a minute...... I'm sure they are fine." Allison tries to reassure her. Cassandra seemed to ignore whatever Allison was saying as she nervously fiddled with her hands never taking her eyes off of the exit. She didn't know what she would do if Stiles or Scott got hurt all because of her. Her fears started to slip away as the two boys busted out of the door. Something came over her as she quickly pushed open the door to the jeep and sprinted over to Stiles. Stiles was caught by surprise as the blonde haired girl ran into his arms. He quickly hugged her back as a small laugh formed on his lips. He took her in her familiar scent as he took in her warm embrace. "Somebody missed me." He mumbles sarcastically. Cassandra squeezed him causing him to groan.

"I can't breathe." He whispers as he gasps for air. Cassandra quickly lets go of the poor boy as she slightly laughs. "I was worried when you didn't show up right away and I just don't know what I would do if something happened to you...." Cassandra rambles quickly causing Stiles to smile at her. "Well we are fine and we think we might know where they are keeping your mom." Stiles tells Cassandra softly. Cassandra felt a smile form on her face as she stared into the brown haired boys eyes. It was in that moment that she realized just how much she truly needed him. He was always there for her and he always made sure she was okay. She hugged him again causing him to awkwardly laugh. "Woah...... two hugs..... I must be special." Stiles mumbles sarcastically as he awkwardly pats her on the back. He looked at Scott and Lydia who both winked at him causing him to roll his eyes.

"Anyways...... they won't let anyone go down to the basement.... even the janitor doesn't have the keys...... she's definitely being kept down there.... some lady told us she always hears screaming down there and the ground would start shaking but then quickly stop." Scott explains to Cassandra. "Scott decided to trust the insane lady which seems pretty smart." Stiles says sarcastically causing Scott to glare at him. "As much as I love this reunion we got a lacrosse game!" Issac yelled from the car. "You would think being in an insane asylum would get you a free pass to miss lacrosse." Stiles mumbles as they all head towards his jeep.

"Wait.... who drove my jeep here?" Stiles asked the group sharply. They all looked at Cassandra who just gave him a nervous smile. Stiles sighed as he grabbed the keys from her. "Since it was a special circumstance I will let it slide." Stiles mumbles as he starts driving away. "Can I practice a spell?" Cassandra asks Stiles playfully as she flips through the spell book. "Absolutely not!" He yells as he grabs the book and throws it into the back accidentally hitting Issac in the face. Issac groaned as he glared at Stiles. "So what's the plan to get her mom out of the basement?" Allison asks Stiles curiously.

Stiles felt everyone's eyes on him. "Well according to the crazy lady there are like a million men guarding Cassies mom with guns......so I'm still thinking about a plan." Stiles mumbles nervously. "Well I can just take them out with my powers." Cassandra says proudly. "Sure.... except you have no idea how to use them without leaving me naked in the woods." Stiles replies sharply. Allison, Lydia and Issac all gave Stiles confused looks. "Ill explain later." Scott reassured them. Stiles drove everyone home except Cassandra. "I don't want you going back to your house." Stiles tells her truthfully. He had stopped the car directly in front of her house. Cassandra felt Stiles eyes on her but she didn't want to look into his eyes because she knew she would give in.

"I need to get my cheer uniform.... I'll sneak through the window." Cassandra tries to reassure Stiles as she meets his eyes. He doesn't seem reassured at all as he nervously runs a hand through his hair. "Well I think that I'll go instead of you." Stiles says playfully as he winks at her. He gets out of the car leaving her breathless as he sprinted towards her window. Cassandra felt her heart race the second he winked at her. Stiles quickly sprinted back towards her as he motioned for her to roll down her window. She rolled down the window and Stiles rested his arm on the door as his face was inches away from hers. "Wait what am I getting again?" He asks her seriously. She starts laughing as she shakes her head at him. He looked so cute and she couldn't help but smile at him.

"My cheer and makeup bag.... they should be right by my closet door." Cassandra tells Stiles softly. Stiles took a deep breath as he realized how close he was to her. "Alrighty boss." He says playfully as he pushes his body off of the car and headed towards her window. He sneaks inside easily because he had done it many times. He scanned her room and his eyes landed on her bag. "You have to kill her." A voice boomed. Stiles eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he noticed Cassandras door was wide open. He could hear everything that was going on in the living room so he quickly stopped walking around to listen. "I've been trying.....she hasn't been here in weeks." A familiar male voice replied sharply. Stiles immediately recognized the voice as Cassandras foster dad. Stiles quietly peered out of the door into the living room. Cassandras foster dad was talking to two men dressed in black. Stiles immediately recognized them as the men who tried to kill Cassandra. Stiles realized Cassandras foster dad wanted her dead..... he was working with the men who took her mom away. He grabbed her bag and quickly got out of the window. He knew Cassandra hated her foster father but he was the only father figure she had. How the hell was he going to tell her that he wanted her dead? Stiles didn't want to hurt or ever disappoint her it was his job to protect her.

______________________________
Let's just say stuff is about to go down on the next chapter 😏