Chapter 20: The Amalgamation Of Pain And Chaos

(Y/N) POV

How long has it been? Whatever, like it matters? I've been hiding out somewhere under the waves. Don't know where exactly I am in the world, though. I've been relaxing next to a set of underwater volcanoes. They might be small, but the underwater heat is relaxing. Nothing disturbs me down here except for the whales.

The whales however are an exception and add to the peace. I have a far better understanding of their sounds compared to when I was a human. I could hear them laugh, cry, and other flurries of emotions. Sometimes I'd hear them calling for family, mates, and other times their young would make calls. I try to stay still so I can watch and listen to them. They would run away when I made sudden movements, even when they most definitely know I'm there with their sonar and other senses. Humpbacks, Sperm Whales, Blue Whales, I've seen all those gentle giants.

Well, Sperm Whales aren't exactly gentle, especially the males. Haha, it's ironic how one of the biggest things on earth is so fascinated with something so much smaller than it. I can actually see a sperm whale right now. Wait, that's not a normal sperm whale. That's the same whale from Moby Dick! The White Whale! I know it's not the same whale. In reality, it's just an albino sperm whale, but getting to see one is still a rare site.

It's heading straight down towards something, a giant squid. They're going to fight, I'd never thought I get the chance to see this. The squid dispersed a cloud of ink to get away from it. The legend charged through the cloud, missing his prey. The squid maneuvered itself to latch on the whale. The whale was smart, turning around to examine its surrounding. Using its sonar to scan the area before it strikes again.

The squid was coming from its left and was about to strike when the whale turned and slapped it with its tail, stunning its foe. The squid made a break for it to circle around and try again. This battle didn't last long, sadly. Before any could attack, they peacefully swam away. Not running away in fear, just going about their business to fight another day. In fact, some other marine life swam away too. I can feel it now: something is coming towards me.

Something as big as me. Who is that?

?????: Have no fear, (Y/N) I haven't come to start conflict.

My eyes see a shadowy figure with four blue eyes and two antennas with green lures at each end. It dissipates with the voice still talking to me with affirmation of my safety. It's soft, feels like the voice of a mother. I know who's voice this is. This is the last one who escaped with us. The marine life that stayed and swam away came together. They swam around or huddled together away from the undersea volcanoes to stay safe.

Animals who would attack each other in the animal kingdom remained passive. She finally revealed herself in all her elegance. Her body was firm and armored with predominantly pale brown color with a few shades of green. Her hands were humanoid, but had flippers similar to a turtle pass the end of her hands. She had seven long yet slim tentacles ending in large tentacular clubs for combat with cyan blue bioluminescent bulbs and two human legs between them. The cyan blue bioluminescent highlighted her four binocular eyes on her face, her striped antennas on her head with green lures at each end, and two large mandibles on each side of her mouth. Looked like something from another world entirely.

All the animals looked like they were bowing in their own way. I remained laying down next to the volcanoes. I felt like I was giving her disrespect, even though there was no need. I'm surprised I haven't talked to her after all this time. She was probably the calmest of the group, yet you could feel dominant power from her. She was what some would call the Sea Empress.