Chapter 23: The End Is Nigh

Mark POV

It's been two months since it went down. This tremendous surge of energy from the planet's core shook everything and cracked the Earth into multiple pieces. Nothing that would cause complete extinction of humanity, but just enough to create cracks deep and big enough to be visible from space. The purple energy leaked out of the core like some sort of gas, but it didn't flow like gas. It was more like visible streams of the stuff that traveled anywhere it could. Every nation is on high alert with all the monsters about. This energy possessed people, spawned monsters straight out of nightmares, even some plant life became infected.

Possessed people would just become delirious and react more than usual. I'm sure the more correct way to put it is to feel more. Madison was the one who showed me that. I'm not the greatest father, but I refuse to leave her during these times. Not like how (Y/N) left us all. That purple energy infected (Y/N) and Godzilla. It didn't take them long for them to go back to their old ways.

(Y/N), a mentally damaged savage and Godzilla, a sadistic queen. They've been brawling in different locations all around the world with absolutely no regard for anything, or anyone. The thing that confuses me is how they always fight in some big/major city. New York City, Jerusalem, Tokyo got hit the hardest. It is stranger how they would come close to killing the other but never finish it. Not like it matters. Maybe everyone is right about how it's the end of the world and all.

We've just been staying at Castle Bravo the whole time, watching it all unfold. God, if you're there, please help us. Who am I kidding? I'm not entirely sure if he's even there.

Madison: DAD! There's something you need to see!

Mark: Are more of those monsters coming?!

Madison: Just come outside!

The clouds drifted apart for rays of light to shine through, followed by her cry. Mothra? Why is she here and why now? She came down from the light much smaller than before. Now she was the size of a human. Can they all do this?!

Madison: Mothra!

Mothra: Hello child.

Rick: Am I the only one who heard the moth lady talk?

Mark: No, no, you are not. Why are you here and why now of all times?

Mothra: The cycle is about to start once again.

Mark: What cycle?!

Mothra: The Cycle of Destruction and Rebirth.

Rick: Well, this cycle is going to end for good.

Mothra: It's impossible to destroy that creature.

Madison: You mean that something is causing the world to end.

Mothra: Someone opened the box that contained all the evils of humanity and sealed away Dark Gaia.

Dr. Ilene Chen: It's actually you!

Rick: Now's not the time Chen. The moth lady was saying something about this Dark Gaia person.

Dr. Ilene Chen: So my suspicions were right, but isn't Dark Gaia supposed to emerge from the core naturally?

Mothra: Eventually, but someone opened the box early:

Mark, Madison, Rick, and Chen: Jonah.

Mark: Why were only (Y/N) and Godzilla affected?

Mothra: Not everyone was safe. Gigan, Kong, and Ghidorah were around me when it happened. My rays protected them from Dark Gaia's influence. Rodan and Anguirus weren't as lucky. Anguirus was easier to deal with compared to Rodan. The influence over them must offer an increase in strengths and potentially new abilities.

Rick: What about the four others with (Y/N)?

Mothra: Sea Empress told me she protected their minds somehow. She couldn't explain it since she was too busy trying to control the ocean life. Broodmother's colony was going wild, and only Surter and Thunderbeak were available. Our concerns were more towards figuring out Dark Gaia's plan.

Dr. Ilene Chen: There's only one entity that can stop Dark Gaia, it's equal.

Mothra: My creator.

Dr. Ilene Chen: Light Gaia created you?

Mothra: They created my entire race.

Rick: That's nice, but could we get more insight into this cycle you told us about?

Mothra: Every few millennia, Dark Gaia will emerge from the core and destroy everything only for Light Gaia to come and stop them. Dark Gaia will go back to slumber in the core and the world will be reborn. The box woke up Dark Gaia early, so it needs time to take form. It feeds off the negativity and sins of the planet.

Mark: So it's here because of us?

Mothra: Don't worry, both of them came to Earth when it was young.

Rick: There's a reason they're called Primordial.

Mark: Existing at or from the beginning of time; primeval. If this thing feeds off negative energy meaning pain, malice, suffering, rage, and stuff, then that explains why they're fighting!

Mothra: Dark Gaia is using them to generate enough negative energy to speed up its maturation, but it would still take a while before it can fully awaken even with those two. Even if it can bring back the comatose or dead...NO NO NOOOOO!

Sea Empress POV

This has to end at some point. It's like the sea is killing itself. I just stopped a sperm whale from killing its pod. Something about that whale wasn't right.

Mothra: Empress!

Sea Empress: What is it? The evil's influence even spreads through the sea.

Mothra: Head to Antarctica! NOW!

Sea Empress: This can't get any worse, right?

Mothra: It just did!

LordAuthor259: *Maniacal laughter*

That ends today's chapter. I can really feel it guys. The end is nigh, for the story, not what's happening in the world. I'm excited for what I'm going to make next after this. I have quite a few ideas, but don't worry. Farewell, my subjects.