Chapter 16: A New Power Has Risen

Goshin POV

Godzilla: King? Isn't that a bit much? A little too prideful if you ask me.

Goshin: Coming from the one who declares the whole planet her territory through her presence alone?

Godzilla: Challenging me is a poor mistake. Even worse if you think you're better than me.

Goshin: How is it a mistake if it's accurate?

Mothra POV

I almost didn't see her move as Godzilla delivered a straight uppercut to Goshin's jaw, followed by a kick to the side of his head. Goshin applied the force of his body falling to add strength to his kick in retaliation. Godzilla staggered backward, wiping away the blood from her mouth on her wrist. She wasn't focused, likely to her wondering how Goshin could make her bleed to notice how he stood up again. Godzilla appeared vivid with frustration and annoyance.

Godzilla: You've never done this before.

Goshin: My biggest regret is not having done that sooner.

Godzilla: Since you're mine, I'll give you a chance to apologize. You can pay me back later tonight.~

Rodan: PUT THAT BITCH IN HER PLACE!!!

3rd Person POV

To say everyone was surprised would be putting it lightly. It wouldn't be a surprise coming from Ghidorah but not Rodan. She hid her face behind her wings in fear and worry. Godzilla's response was interrupted by a right hook from Goshin. A smirk appeared on his face screaming, "you got it." Godzilla countered with a jab to the side and a sweep to the leg. Goshin took the hit while avoiding the leg sweep.

He bit her shoulder, refusing to let her go, and slammed her into the side of a nearby mountain. Godzilla used her tail to cause the falling debris to hit Goshin in the face, temporarily blinding him. Goshin created some distance to fire his atomic breath at the mountain, causing even more rocks to crumble down the side of the mountain. Too much dust was in the air for him to see. A stray atomic breath attack came out of the dust cloud firing in random directions. That hit him directly in the face for a second enough for Godzilla to tackle him to the ground. She started wailing on him, not giving him a second to relax.

His hands could only guard his face for so long, causing his arms to almost get sore. It evolved to a barrage of jabs to the face and midsection with a few hammer fists here and there. She stood up exhausted from her assault on Goshin. Everyone believed he was down for the count, but they were wrong. Goshin casually stood up from the ground as though nothing happened to him. The blood covering him said otherwise, but he still didn't waver.

Godzilla: How can you get up after that?!

Goshin: What? Did you think I would never get used to it? My turn.

Goshin wasted no time starting his assault on Godzilla. He started with a gut punch accompanied by a knee to the jaw. Godzilla fell on some nearby trees staining the ground with some of her blood. She readied herself for a fury of punches, but nothing came. Peeking through her clenched fists, she saw Goshin standing over her. He simply stood there looking down upon her with a stern expression. She saw this as a look of pity instead, which just enraged her.

Godzilla ran towards Goshin, desperate to at least land a good hit on him. Goshin kept evading and countering over and over. Godzilla tried using her nuclear pulse to disintegrate the area around her. The entire island felt the force of her attack. Animals all over the island felt the disturbance trying to make efforts to get away from the fight. Miles away, Monarch noticed the changes happening on the island.