Chapter 4: She Just Wants To Watch The World Burn

(Y/N) POV

I have been awake for a few hours now. Mothra hasn't been seen during that time. I worry for her safety, but I managed to learn a few things while alone. I studied some of the equipment that I brought from the destroyed outpost. One of them happened to be a working tablet. It was similar to one of those solar powered radios, but it showed a map instead. It can show basic things like time, direction, how many outposts are on Skull Island, and how many are still active. The map indicated that all of the other outposts were destroyed except for one. This outpost was the biggest and was located at the other side of the island. Could Mothra fly me there?

Mothra: (Y/N)? Are you there?

(Y/N): Yeah, I've been up for the past few hours. Have you seen Anguirus by any chance?

Mothra: Yes, but she hasn't been doing so well.

(Y/N): I know what you mean. When I first met her, she had injuries all over her body and was bleeding from the sides of her mouth.

Mothra: Really? I only noticed her with a few bruises and a limp as she moves.

(Y/N): Damn her, this is just another why I hate Godzilla, she's probably aware that she's the Queen of the Monsters. She could do good, but instead chooses to assert her power over other living things. How can you all tolerate that?

Mothra: I don't understand what is wrong with her. Don't understand why she must have such destructive tantrums.

(Y/N): What did you say?

Mothra: There tends to be mass destruction and loss of life when she has a tantrum.

(Y/N): S-so you're telling me that I lost everything all because she got a bit pissy?

Mothra: I'm sorry.

Mothra POV

I shouldn't have told him. Now he knows why they're dead. His screams of grief still linger in my head. They didn't even get a chance at life. (Y/N) rested his back against the wall and slid down slowly to the ground. I understand that he wants to go back home and I will help him, but is he realizing now that he has nothing?

(Y/N) POV

This is how it is. My whole life as I knew it was stripped away all cause of a pissed off lizard. If I go back, all that awaits me is that wasteland. I feel slight vibration within the ground. A horde of Skull Crawlers burst from the ground. They always freaked me out with their heads showing their naked skull with no flesh or skin. Two among them were the biggest, which I assume are the parents and the rest were children. I lost everything once and I'll be damned if I lose it again.

(Y/N): THAT'S IT! IF I'M GOING OUT, THEN I'M GOING OUT LIKE A MOTHERFUCKING G!

My slid down the hill where my buggy was and pulled out my little friend. By little friend, I mean my grenade launcher.

Mothra: (Y/N)! Stay back.

(Y/N): No way am I running this time. LETS DO THIS! COME AND GET ME I SAY! I'LL BE WAITING FOR THEM WITH A WHIFF OF THE 'OL BRIMESTONE! I'M A GRIM BLOODY FABLE, WITH AN UNHAPPY BLOODY END!

TIMESKIP

Alright, now it's just down to these two gigantic fucks. They ain't so tough.

Mothra: How are you alive?

(Y/N): I have no idea.

A loud roar accompanied by running came from the jungle. Queen Kong jumped out of the trees revealing herself an delivered a right hook to the first one. The second tried to bite Kong who moved out of the way, grabbed their tale, and flung them into the nearby lake. While the first one was recuperating, Kong grabbed a boulder and repeatedly slammed it into the Skull Crawler's face until it would only twitch. 

Mothra: So glad you could help Kong?

Kong didn't pay attention to Mothra as she was more focused on me. She growled and I put my grenade launcher down. Kong then walks off into the jungle out of site.

(Y/N): What was that about?

Mothra: Kong is more mysterious than the others. She will fight to protect and often doesn't speak.

(Y/N): She's better than Godzilla by default.

Rodan: THE FUCK DID YOU SAY?!

Mothra: Here we go.

Mothra's reaction told me that this isn't the first time something like this has happened. Rodan landed on a small perch of rocks next to us. She spread her wings in a way of showing dominance.

Rodan: HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE QUEEN OF THE MONSTERS! I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT I SERVE HER AS HER RIGHT HAND PARTNER.

Mothra: You'll serve anyone who's stronger than you.

(Y/N): Why are you spreading your wings? Ain't no one scared of you. You don't have three heads so don't pull that here.

LordAuthor259: Damn Rodan is being roasted here.

Rodan: T-that doesn't matter. I-I WILL REPORT THIS!

Mothra: Will you?

Rodan:......... no

I felt sorry for Rodan all of a sudden. Maybe we were too harsh.

(Y/N): We're sorry Rodan.

Rodan: I DON'T NEED APOLOGIES! THEY ARE FOR THE WEAK!

(Y/N): What about this? Can you lower your head?

When she lowered her head. I began to pet her gently. Despite her size, she seemed to enjoy it.

Rodan: W-what are you doing?!

(Y/N): I don't know, but you like it.

Rodan: No I don't.

Her sound of her cooing said otherwise. Rodan stood up and looked to the distance.

Rodan: OH NO! You need to get out of here now.

(Y/N): It's her isn't it?

Rodan: I'll try to stall for-

Rodan couldn't finish her sentence before receiving being blasted in the back by Godzilla. She grabbed me in her hand and showed me the horizon.

Godzilla: Aww~~ You thought you could escape, but I fixed that.

In the distance, was the last remaining outpost in ruins. Black smoke rose from the fires that burned all hopes of escape away.

(Y/N): N-no.......... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anguirus must've heard my cry when she hit Godzilla in the back with the spike on her armored back like an armadillo. I had no time to question it with me free falling in the air. Water engulfed me vision when I landed. I crawled out of the water and into a nearby cave. Godzilla roared loudly with her rampage beginning. She will most likely not stop until this island is barren with life just like the city. What should I do? Should I turn myself in or can I really still escape?

That ends today's chapter and I hope you've enjoyed. Feel free to comment, leave a suggestion, and follow me on Wattpad. You can message me on Reddit if you like. Farewell for now, my subjects.