Chapter 10- Julie's Secret Unveiled

Simone's P.O.V.

The next day, during the end of after-school activities, Julie and I walked around the courtyard aimlessly, talking, or rather, Julie talking and me listening, about stupid horror stories, as I kept expressing how I felt a feel of absolute boredom along with an urge to run away each time she tried to talk about school gossip or her latest increase in social media popularity. We finally settled down on one of the many white wooden bench-table pairs scattered around the school yard. A few students were spread around the yard.

"So, it's said, that this particular ghost will ask you for a ride while you're driving your vehicle on the Delhi Cantt. road, and if you refuse, she'll run alongside the vehicle at the same damn speed, until the end of the road." I said, telling Julie about the infamous Delhi Cantt. ghost in India I'd read about.

"Whoa... the hell? How the hell is that even possible... it's just creepy." She huffed. "How is she described?"

"As wearing white, completely."

"And what if the guy in the car or whatever agrees to give a ride to her?"

I cleared my throat. "That's not exactly clear... it's said that those who agreed, were never seen or heard of again."

Her eyes dropped to the ground in awe, and she gaped. "Goodness..." She muttered.

"Also, those who ask her for directions will find themselves driving in a loop, with no hope of reaching their destination, absolutely lost throughout the rest of the night." I smirked.

"Why on earth would you ask a goddamn ghost for directions?" She blurted out.

"It's not like they know she's a ghost, do they?"

She huffed. "Perhaps." She kept muttering things in awe of the famous ghost I told her about.

"Well, that's the infamous ghost of Delhi Cantt. for you." I smirked even more.

"Well, then my turn now. You know about Medusa?"

"Not exactly. Better tell me." I said.

She narrated the entire unfair and brutal story of Medusa's past and I listened in anger and awe.

"Dafuq?" Was all I could manage when she ended. 

"Ikr!? But I wonder why the fuck she was the victim and made the culprit." She said, shaking her head. 

I huffed. "Powerful women are always a threat." I said sarcastically.

She smirked. "You got that goddamn right, babe."

I rolled my eyes. "I know." I smirked. But I paused for a moment. "Hey, aren't there some stories which claim that Medusa was actually not a victim though?"

"Really?" Julie asked. "Tell you what, let's search that up. Greek mythology is precious to me- I don't wanna get the basic tales wrong."

"Sure." I said. "Go ahead. And tell me too-"

"If it isn't the girl gang whom I love?" Said an all too familiar voice, from behind us.

The two of us jumped, and turned around to see Chase leaning above us, hands planted on the table. 

I huffed. "Let's go, Julie."

We started to get up and walk away, but Chase came in front of us.

"Why aren't you responding to my texts?" He said, coming straight to the point as he looked at me.

I sighed, then raised an eyebrow. "You never did."

"I did, actually." He smirked.

I pulled my phone out, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Sure enough, there were a bunch of texts from Chase, apparently three, all either 'hello?'s or demanding me to reply if he got the wrong account.
I never check my phone, I realized.