Chapter 28- The Beginning of a New Bond

Chase's P.O.V.

It took me some effort to untangle myself from Cris's rather strong hold, and place a pillow in her arms in place of me instead, while she slept.

Though her beautiful features were pretty delightful to gaze at all the while.

Man, I'd never found anyone so beautiful before.
Her pretty, full and pink lips, the soft but defined curve of her jawline, her diamond-shaped face, her chestnut hair spread around her shoulders like a halo, shining like gold in the sunlight, which streamed through the curtains I'd opened when carrying her back into the bed. Her soft, pink lips were slightly parted as she breathed slowly. Her chest moved slowly, with the rhythm of her breaths.
She seemed at peace, in her sleep.

Then it occurred to me that if she woke up suddenly and found me staring, she'd most probably throw a pillow at my face and deem me a creep.
So I smiled at her a last time, then left the bed for a shower.

Once I came out, toweling my hair, Cris was still asleep, even snoring softly.

The clock said 8:00 am. And that's when I remembered how hectic last night was. My phobia, Cris comforting me, then falling asleep on the swing chair in the balcony, of all places.
I was pretty thankful to her for the way she reacted.
If it were that dick of a cousin-brother, Francis, he would have probably just called an ambulance or some shit like that. I still remember when we were younger, he just pushed me inside a room when the storm came and let me suffer until the storm had stopped. His excuse? He was too afraid to know what to do.
At the age of 13, kids are actually smart enough to know you're not supposed to lock a person in a room until their phobia attack is over.

Fucking dickhead, I thought, shaking my head.

I also found out how light-weighted Cris actually was, apparently. Or maybe I was just really muscled. Probably the latter- she was slightly curvy, after all
And why was she sleeping in the balcony, out in the cold? I'd have to ask her that.
Though that would be possible if she would wake up, damn.

I decided to just order breakfast for us, considering I was tired after last night's events. Cris was too, probably.

I dialed the necessary number, and ordered banana pancakes with a side of apple cider. And a fruit salad. Apparently I still had enough in my wallet for that much.

Soon after, the breakfast arrived, half an hour later, and I just covered Cris with a blanket to hide her. I mean, I know I wouldn't like to be seen by a stranger while I'm sleeping.
Apparently, even after I'd eaten my share of breakfast, she was sleeping like the fucking dead.

Gosh.

At 9:00, I finally sighed, needing her to wake her up so that we could go back to the main city.
But I held the urge to wake her up for another half hour.

I gritted my teeth in frustration. I didn't know coke was capable of giving hangovers, I thought.
With an inner push of courage, I finally shook my head and walked over to her.
I hadn't exactly ever woken anyone up before, and I didn't know how Cris would react. Especially considering the look of her. She really looked like she was having a hangover.

If this situation was with one of my one-night stands, I would have simply left at my own time. But Cris wasn't my one night stand, fuck no.
So I just settled on playing an old trick on her.

I walked to the bathroom, filled up a little bit of water in a glass, walked to Cris, and with a mischievous smile, sprinkled some right on her face.

No effect. I raised a brow.

So I took a much larger amount and poured it right on her forehead. She woke up immediately, blinking her eyes as she brushed the water off her forehead.
"The fuck, Walker?!" She groaned.