Chapter 14- The 'Meeting'

Chase's P.O.V.

Once I'd returned home from the cleanliness drive then Carmen's café, I went straight to my party, stayed for an hour to talk with some of the gang, until a text came from Cris:

Come over. I've given you the address.

I replied: I'll be there in five :)

I drove off in my black BMW convertible and reached within six minutes, not much difference. I got out of the car, honked it twice then shut the door. The building in which she lived seemed pretty neat though small, so I thought the rooms must be the same. 

I saw her opening the huge entry doors, then scan with her eyes everything in her sight until she caught sight of me, leaning against my car. The faintest smile and sigh took place on her lips, and she came over to me.
She looked pretty good, better than at school, really. She wore a black sweatshirt under a white duffle coat and black tights. Her hair seemed silky and parted in the side. Her usual metal thumb ring glinted. She wore a chain bracelet I hadn't seen before, on the opposite hand.

"Hey." She said.

"Amigo." I replied. "I left my party for you."

She quirked a brow. "Gracias?" She smirked. "Is this your ride?" She asked, eyeing my car in the evening-almost-night light.

"Yep." I simpered in pride. She sighed. "Fine. Let's just go ahead." And climbed into the car.

The drive was silent, and I took us to a place on the outskirts of the city, where the rushing sea swished, and far ahead, the city shoreline glimmered with lights and lit-up structures. The place was barred, but I got out of the car and pushed aside the road hurdle. Cris didn't say anything, surprisingly.

We got out of the car once I'd driven to the place, and we leaned by the white railings. In the distance, Cold Water played from some city building. Or from the air.

"Your favorite place?" She whispered, staring out into the beyond. Strangely her voice was filled with a conspicuous melancholy, and I turned to her, surprised. She noticed, and cleared her throat.

"Yeah, one of them." I smiled, standing beside her. A silence took over us, so deep and comfortable, I was honestly shocked. It felt as if the two of us belonged here, together in the silence, away from the hurdles of life. Even if this felt strange.

Cris sighed. I turned to her, and... her eyes were glazed. And she was miles away.

"Cris? Are you okay?" I asked, concern filling my tone. "I have some vodka if you gotta celebrate your sadness." I chuckled.

But she didn't even smile. She huffed, still not turning to me.

"I'm okay." Her tone was steely.

I huffed at her tone.  Something stirred within me at her sudden mood swing.
"You're pretty fucking complicated, y'know?" I said, a sudden annoyance filling my tone.

"Okay?" 

"I'm talking to you."

"I know."

I glared at the side of her face for a few moments. "Why don't you like me?" I sighed.

She finally turned to me, her face sturdily impassive. "Does it matter?"

"It does."

She blinked a couple of times in shock, then shook her head. "It shouldn't."

I groaned lowly. "Do you mind being clear?"

"I do. And you're unnecessarily annoyed. What did I do to you?" 

I let out a single, humorless laugh. "There's a list, Beaumont. You embarrass me multiple times at school, you decide on being a smartass-" I ranted. At this point, she smirked.

"-you resist your true emotions, you resist me." I ended, studying her smirk.

Her lips parted and eyes in widened in shock.

"Do you think that's fair? And your dear friend Amber's the only victim?"

"Goddamn it. Fine. I'm sorry for embarrassing you. But I don't feel I did it unnecessarily, for God's sake, and perhaps the smartassness just comes to me?" She smirked slightly.
"And for the last part, you're completely clueless." She huffed.

"Mind if I do a fact check on that?" I said, smirking.

"What do you mean?" She quirked an eyebrow, slight amusement lacing her tone.

"This." I said, getting an idea to take both that smirk and that melancholy away, and closed the remaining distance between us and tilted my head down to latch my lips down on hers.

She gasped softly, and I took the opportunity to enter my tongue in. She responded almost immediately, our lips moving in synchronization, fueled by passion. She slowly gave in and placed her hands on my chest, soft sparks bursting on the surface.
Cris fisted my shirt, trying to pull me as close as possible as the kiss grew deeper, something that made me feel simply wild.

The both of us moaned lowly as our tongues touched and caressed each other's, which ignited a fire deep within my core. I wrapped an arm tight around her waist while the other held her jaw, as I placed bruising kisses on her soft, full and pink lips. Deep passion ignited my core and clouded my brain as I moved my lips to her jawline to her neck, leaving her pretty breathless in the wake of them.

It was probably ten seconds with those moans, before Cris firmly planted her palms on my chest, and pushed me away, her eyes glazed as she glared at me, and cheeks reddened adorably. Her swollen, red lips pushed me back to reality, and I put on a lazy smirk while I recovered from the hazy and sensual mess my mind was in. I raked a hand through my hair, smirking still.

Gosh, I did miss her lips.
Her kisses were so different... so special.

"I can't fucking believe you." She said, after clearing her throat and creating a good amount of distance between us.

"Well, you did like it.'

"Get lost, Walker." She huffed, rolling her eyes while holding back a visible smile. She was still a little breathless, I could see that.

"You'll die if I do that." I chuckled.

"A pretty damn contentious claim on your side."

"Oh, sure." I pulled out my phone, to check the time. 9:30, sweet.
"C'mon, I'm dropping you home." It was clear that our 'meeting' would probably go better in a warm car. It was too cold to talk out here, anyway.

"No, thanks." She replied, her tone distant once more as she stared out at the scene before us again. I didn't understand how abruptly she changed right after we kissed.

"No? You're dreaming if you think I'm leaving you alone here." I huffed.

"You will." And I got a feeling that she wasn't talking about the present, 'cause her mind had drifted off of reality again. It sounded like she was talking about the future.

"Cris." My tone was lucid and stern, as I see her clench her fists.

"I'll be home safe, I don't need your ostensible worry." She sighed.

What?

I furrowed my brows. After every moment I've spent with her, she still doesn't realize I do care about her? 

"Perhaps you're right. You don't need anyone worrying for you, do you?" I seethed, trying to keep low the old flame of my hopefully ancient anger issues. 

Cris turned to me, a small, careless smirk playing on her lips as she watched me furiously get into my car and drive away. 

So much for a meeting with a passionate kiss.