Chapter 39- Meeting the Sister

Cris's P.O.V.

I stepped out of Chase's art studio room on hearing the sudden squeals in the living room.
A young girl stood there. Chase's younger sister and Edward Walker's daughter, Elaine Walker.

The arrival of Elaine Walker was surprising. When I saw the two siblings together, side by side, I recalled some different pictures I'd seen the Walker family in one frame, smiling for the paparazzi's cameras while attending some huge elite event, dressed fancily. I didn't look at business magazines or celebrity magazines often, but when I did, I'd always see a picture of Elaine, Chase and their dad, the business tycoon, in one frame, with the headline as, 'Tycoon Walker and Family Arrive at Elite NYC New Year Party' or something like that.
Heavens.
That's when I got a complete grip of where I was standing, and among whom.

And that's when I realized I suddenly felt a little at sea.

Confusion and surprise aren't that good a mix, and this special combo was exactly what was erupting in my stomach when I saw those fame-familiar people in front of me.

Elaine beamed at me. I gave her a sincere smile, though honestly I was confused about how she'd suddenly come here.
She had raven black hair, a sharp-cut jawline and huge sapphire blue eyes, the last two features matching Chase's features. Chase looked so... godly himself, it was obvious that his sister was beautiful as well. But she looked more adorable than beautiful, honestly.

"Who's she?" Elaine asked her brother.

"Elaine, this is Cris, a friend. And Cris, this is Elaine, my younger sister. Apparently I forgot she was coming over for a week." Chase replied, giving the two of us a cheeky smile.
Cute.

Elaine put her neon duffle bag down, just then.
"Friend? Hey!" And Elaine, brimming with exuberance ran over to me and much to my pure surprise, encased me in a tight but thankfully brief bear hug. My wild, surprised eyes met Chase's, who looked rather amused and humored by my sudden situation. How kind.
I wrapped an arm around her back, slightly patting her, still not too comfortable with the entire situation.

Though her adorable exuberance did make me feel less at sea. I decided to try to be my usual, sincere self anyway.
"H-hey." I smiled, stammering slightly out of that surprise. "I'm Simone. But you can call me Cris."

Elaine grinned. "I'm Elaine, and unfortunately I have no fixed pet name, but you call me El." She said rather affably.

"Sure, I'll call you that." I said. Then, seeing her neon duffle bag which she'd placed on the floor, it occurred to me that she'd returned from her art school for some holiday. Feeling that it'd be better to leave the two alone to catch up, I looked at Elaine, then at the two of them as I spoke. 
"Good meeting you, but I think I should leave you brother-and-sister alone for some family time, right? I can meet you later." I said kindly.

Chase opened his mouth to respond, but Elaine spoke before him.
"No! Please stay. I wanna know you. I don't really get to know many of Chase's friends." Elaine said.
Chase slightly rolled his eyes.

Elaine had surprised me again. I was not exactly used to open, warm invitations to hang out, and especially not by any girl related to Chase.

"Yeah, please. And you promised this day was for me, right?" Chase added, reminding me. As usual, a couple of words from him made my heart fucking give in. I didn't know whether to love or hate that fact.

But still, I gave a subtle refusal just once more, in case Elaine would change her mind at the last moment. "Oh, that's really kind, but I honestly don't wish to get in the way." I said, smiling.

"You're really not getting in the way. Please? It's gonna be good to know some of Chase's friends, I'm sure." Elaine pressed.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Chase huff slightly.