Chapter 8- Amber's Confrontation

Simone's P.O.V.

"Trust me, Amber. You have to understand what's wrong and you have to fight the wrong. You can't stay dumb in the dark or huddle around in your own despair. You have the capability to fight against what's unfair, and you will fight, you will confront, alright?" I said, smiling at Amber. 

The sun was shining in it's full glory this morning, and after my healthy confidence-increasing speech, Amber turned her face to the sky, closed her eyes, probably to let the sunlight totally melt on her skin and seep through in the form of confidence, then took a deep breath. Finally, she turned to us.

"Okay, but you gotta stay there, okay?" She said, nervously.

"Sure, babe! We'll be right behind you." Julie said, giving Amber one of her special smiles, the warm, confidence-bubbling-out-of-the-lid smile. 

"But you gotta say what's necessary, aight?" Nora warned.

"Nothing too much." Jade added. "'Cause that's showing true wisdom." 

Amber took another breath, then her face melted into a grin. She nodded. "Alright, let's do this!"

Today would be when Amber would confront Chase. About how he led her on. Kissed her. Played with her feelings with sly remarks. All to get her into bed. He laughed on her face when she caught him and Ellis kissing, and even though they weren't together, Amber had the right to get angry 'cause he'd led her on. Today he'd face it. And the rest of us would be there, behind Amber, to help her. After all, what are friends for?

All of us walked towards the gang, Amber leading the way, and thankfully, the three sassy girls of them were talking in a different group of giggling teens. No interruptions, thankfully. 

Amber stopped right in front of the amphisbaena, the rest of us silent behind her. I've faced a lot in my life, enough to know that confronting unfairness is often a good option. More than often.

"Chase? I gotta talk. Here." Amber said, as soon as she'd gotten his attention. There was a sharp edge to her voice, which I appreciated.

He quirked an eyebrow at her tone. "What's it?"

"I think you have to apologize to me."

He chuckled. Intimidating. "What for?"

Amber huffed. "Really? You led me on, since the day I met you at school. Continuously. All the while making out with other girls. Getting into bed with them. Fine, that's none of my business. But do you have the decency to tell me why the fuck you led me on, when you didn't want me at all? That's just... nasty." She spat. Nice.

Exchanging amused looks with his friends, as if he'd gone through this a million times, he tilted his head down to look Amber straight in the eyes, a challenging and cunning gleam in his eyes. 
"I'm sorry. But not for leading you on, but for the fact that you're badly mistaken." He started.

Amber furrowed her eyebrows. He continued. "You're mistaken about this. The idea that I would lead you on." He spat back. "I wanted to get you in my bed, that's what you think? Well, you're right. Lead you on, huh? Amber, you're not even in my top twenty. I don't care what you think and who you are, fuck, why would you think I would lead you on? That's downright pathetic. I've a hundred chicks wrapped around my finger, so why on earth would I wanna piss you off? I'm the leader of The Reckless." He ended, with a smirk. 

My anger had easily reached above the limit, and it took every ounce of my self-control to not shove Amber aside and throw a sucker punch under the amphisbaena's chin.
The. Fucking. Audacity.

I expected Amber to slap him hard, or spit on his face, or throw more insults. But a sob broke out of her throat, and she fled the courtyard, from embarrassment and hurt. Nora and Jade ran after her, and Julie started to pull me along, but I stood my ground, signaling Julie to wait a sec.

Chase turned to me, with a satisfied smirk. 

I took a step closer to him. "Sheesh, Walker. Oh, what a fab speech." I started, with a smirk of my own. He quirked an eyebrow. 

"How beautiful. Pathetic? Not even in the top twenty? All I gotta ask, is, who pisses in your cheerios so bad every morning, that you come with such a low, foul, abasing mentality to school every day? What made you like this, my Prince Charming? Daddy didn't give you hugs at night? Mommy ignored your entire existence? Your dick was too tiny, tinier than your self-confidence until you took medications for it?  What made you so fucking mean, my Prince?

'Cause whatever it is, get the fuck over it. It's in the past. Stop fucking over other people for your mood or mistakes. If you can't, go enjoy those pity parties with your bitchy ego alone." I spat, my tone downright venomous.

A huge smirk took over my face, as I watched his face contort into a stunned and furious one, with every word of mine. As soon as I finished, I went past him, bumping my shoulder with his, hard, with Julie trailing behind me. The boys watched me, all equally stunned.
It took every inch of self control to not rub my shoulder and soothe the pain from hitting the amphisbaena's shoulder. Gosh, I knew he's pretty well built with those six packs and tall stature, but I didn't know he was made of metal.

When we finally reached the bathroom, Julie burst into a fit of laughter, shocking the trio of Amber, Jade and Nora. Constantly patting my shoulder to appreciate me, Julie described the whole ordeal I created for Chase with my words, while the trio just listened, amused laughs escaping every now and then. 

Amber lunged toward me, and pulled me into her arms.
"You are the fucking best there is, Cris, thank you so much!!!" She exclaimed, when Julie finished.

I grinned, as more appreciations flew my way. "Okay guys, that was fun for me, too, but let's go to our classes now. The amphisbaena's learnt a lesson he won't forget." I said. 

The rest of them agreed, and we ran into our homeroom, laughing about nothing in particular.

I was really starting to love these people.