Chapter 44- To Touch One in A Café

[HEYYY.

I'm back. I just had a quick lil request to make- please vote and share more often, if you can!
I choose to focus on the quality of my chapters rather than the quantity of my readers so the amount of reads I have- in comparison to how many chapters I've posted- is quite less.

In every fifteen readers, only one grants a vote, my peeps. It's sorta hard to manage writing without motivation, and I'd love it if you could vote more often then, though if you liked the chapter- that is.

I'll update and finish this long-ass book nonetheless, so no worries LOL.]

Chase's P.O.V.

"'It is a far, far better thing-'" Leah started to say.

"'-that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.'" Cris finished in a smooth and grand manner. "A Tale of Two Cities. Come up with something harder, little one." Cris smirked, not letting Leah even finish her sentence.
My sister and I chuckled as Leah's cheeks grew red. She suppressed a smile and feigned annoyance.

"You!" She took a deep breath, her nostrils flared.

Once our movie was over, we'd come out of the hall and gone to the food court, where we entered Leah and Elaine's all-time favorite café, 'Bea's Loaves n' Coffee' or BLC, started by an old friend of my grandfather's, Bea. 

As we had settled into our seats, Leah had suggested a literature game- of all things- to play, to pass the time.
I knew that she had an interest in literature upto a certain extent, but while coming to the café, I heard Cris mention to her that she was interested in literature as well.

Not trying to be mean, but Leah was really annoyingly trying to show Cris her interest in her, and Cris had to be blinder than an old man not to notice that.
Not to blame her though- it is hard to predict that a person who met you only a few hours ago is already having a die-hard crush on you.
But then, not to blame Leah either. 

Anyway, Leah had just started the game, and Cris had already earned one out of the five points that was needed to win the first round.
Leah was playing with Cris, while I played with Elaine, as per Elaine's idiotic request to want to play with her 'dear old big brother'. Very cunning, El Walker.
I know you're hoping that I was lying about Cris being straight, and thus trying your tricks on ME. Nice.

I checked my watch. About three hours on the movie, and fifty minutes on shopping had been spent. In fact, ideally ten minutes would have been left because we usually left at eight PM and rarely at nine, but the thing about the BLC coffeehouse was that the orders were absolutely brilliant, better than the usual food in Boston, in portion size and taste, etc., but they took time in their orders. I was sure ten minutes would be spent in the order arriving, so forget leaving in ten minutes.

As Lee and Cris had finished their first round and had four more to go, El and I played our game while they did. Elaine started the game, as she sat beside me- also by force. Note that I did not want to sit beside her.

"I'm not sure I'm completely right- but this is how it goes: 'It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.'" Elaine said, a dignified smirk overtaking her expression.

I rolled my eyes. "Pride and Prejudice. That wasn't hard at all."

Elaine rolled her eyes back at me. "Yeah, well. Then you try, genius. I don't even know this shit- I'm an artist, not a literature lover." She groaned slightly.