Chapter 43- A Classic Mall Hangout

[HIII.

SO DAMN SORRY for the late update!

Different exams have been going on since the past few months, and I tried to update Infatuated wherever and whenever I could. My class 9 session, filled with exams, assignments, projects and more, has just finished today.

I love each and every one of you, and I hope you're happy, safe and healthy. Or I promise you, you soon will be.

If you aren't, I hope this chapter will be a little treat from me to you. You're the best.

So get ready for a really long and incredibly interesting chapter, lovely people!

- Sherry]

Chase's P.O.V.

For the trip to the mall, I'd decided to wear a basic grey turtleneck, faded black jeans and a grey coat over the sweatshirt- unconsciously matching the theme of Cris's outfit. Cute. On my middle finger sat my signature silver signet ring- my mother's gift.

As for Cris, Elaine and Leah, they were all ready. We had driven off towards the Copley Place after I had bid Lois, the housekeeper, not the most cheerful goodbye. It wasn't like she deserved one this time- I couldn't understand the reason behind her behavior at all.

Cris was the very epitome of the statement 'good impression' without trying to be, to be honest. She made a good impression on everybody with her polite maturity, immaculate helpfulness and responsibility, accompanied with her beautiful smile that hid so much behind it, to me.
The maturity and levelheadedness that every adult admired in every student along with hard work, diplomacy and overall perfection in so many aspects was her very nature.

And Lois seemed to not care to acknowledge that too much. And it made me furious.
Yet I knew I didn't want to increase the load of Cris's stresses and troubles anymore, and so I'd hid Lois's words to me in the kitchen from her.
I'd sighed as I was leaving my house, remembering her words for a moment.

I entered the kitchen, following Lois.
She had a quiet, stern and thoughtful expression on her face, one I couldn't read too much. She looked at me as she got a couple of cups from their places.

"Charles... who is this- Simone? I've never heard of her before." She asked carefully.

I furrowed my brows. "I've told you about her before. Many times."

"Simone... Cris... Ah, maybe you have." She swallowed. "How close is she to you, Charles?"

"She's one of my closest friends in Worthington. Probably the closest and best one, right now." I confessed.
We'd discussed so many subjects over different time periods, and our thoughts on them were similar, yet we both seemed to be giving each other new opinions each time we talked about a new subject- be its astrophysics, politics, bakery, social construct, siblings- anything. It was like I'd hit the jackpot, having someone who I could freely discuss everything with, not just gossip, parties, drinks, school and sports. Even better, I could discuss those five subjects with her, too. 

Maybe the gossip talk was low, but it was there occasionally.

She looked up at me, furrowing her brows. "And Ellis Mitchell? Your other friends?"

I raised a brow. "They are my friends too, but she is the one I get along with the most for now- and in the best way. How does it matter? Isn't she perfect?" I asked, starting to sense a problem. I filled up the cups with tea.

"Charles... I- I don't know how to explain this to you. When you told me you're bringing a friend over, I thought you meant Ellis, like last time. Who is this Cris? She appeared all of a sudden, and... I don't think she is very well-off. Are you sure your father will approve?"