Chapter 36- Hearts, Sparks and Smiles

Woohoo!!! 'Infatuated' has finally reached 1K plus reads simply because of you and your kind support! Thank you sooo much for trying out my book, I owe it all to every one of you!

My gratitude is inexpressible right now, so here's a thank you card for all of you above!

I hope you guys stay safe, healthy and happy :D

WITH LOADS OF LOVE AND GOOD WISHES,
Sherynnn1000

-----

Chase's P.O.V.

One of the most frustrating things is seeing a person who you're clearly attracted to, go to another guy and allow him to wrap his fucking arm around her waist, especially though the two have probably never even met each other before.

Like, what the actual fuck?

As the CC's (who I'd known for a long time, but not talked with much) drove away in their cars, I could see that Cris and I were the only ones in the courtyard. The Reckless had actually gone home with some of their own cars when I lied that I needed to stay back in school for this random extra class. My car was still in the parking lot.

Cris looked at me, biting the inside of her lip, her brow cocked and arms crossed. I could see a trace of nervousness in her body language, but she looked right into my eyes.
"What is it?" She asked.

I almost broke into two with frustration.
How come she doesn't realize what I'm here for?!

Chill, Chase.

Clenching my jaw, I took a deep breath.
"Do you even know who Tyson is?" Was the first question that inadvertently slipped out of my mouth. I'd inadvertently worn a tone of intense, smooth-flowing, aggressive anger mixed with concern.

That was not supposed to be my question.
Originally.

Cris looked confused for a moment, but she started to speak anyway. But I interrupted her even before she could get a word out of her mouth.

"He's a godforsaken fuckboy, Cris." I said in a slow and deadly tone, but my words sped up as I spoke further, my tone getting more intense after each word.

"He's wrapping his arms around you now, you know what he'll do tomorrow? How could you ever hang out with him, Cris? All throughout the day I wondered where the fuck you were, and why the fuck you were avoiding me. Then, boom! I see you with a guy who you probably don't even know, his arm wrapped around your fucking waist, looking into your eyes as if he were knee-deep in love with you within a span of two fucking minutes! D'you even know or care about the consequences of being with a boy like him? He'll sleep with you, then he'll treat you like a filthy piece of crap the very next day. That's all the asshole's gonna do! How could you be so na-"

Before I could say finish my sentence, a confused and surprised Cris grabbed my arm and dragged me outside the school.

"Chase, are you fucking crazy? There's janitors out in the grounds, and you're yelling at me like a crazy bitch, adding all sorts of godforsaken assumptions along the way! What is wrong with you?!" She shot back, in a low and hushed voice, her tone one of agitation, on pulling me out of the school gates.
An intense fire burnt in her eyes, as she spoke, showing her agitation.
"If this is what you needed to talk about, and in such a way, then please leave me alone. I'm not interested in listening to your ludicrous assumptions." She added.

She turned her to a side, her jaw clenched in frustration. She roughly raked a hand through her hair, which seemed golden rather than brown, in the sunlight.
That put a stop to my agitation as the realization washed over me. I was being completely ludicrous with all those assumptions.
I closed my eyes for a moment, my heart race slowing down.

I looked at Cris, whose hands were deep into her pockets as she she looked at the sunset, seeming especially beautiful in the sunlight.
"Fine." I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry."

Cris looked at me, biting her lip, something that lured me to walk closer to her. She sighed.
"I... am sorry, too." She said in a low voice, studying the sunset again.

"For what?"

She looked at me. "For... avoiding you. I originally didn't mean to do that. We're friends, and I understand that it was wrong of me to avoid you unnecessarily, especially after that little getaway trip." She sighed, and looked up at me, biting her lip.
"I do take stupid decisions sometimes. I mean, I understood how stupid I was being especially when you told me that you looked for me all day."
I could see traces of pain and regret in her eyes. I needed to wipe that pain away.

Involuntarily, I closed the distance between us, and wrapped my arms around her back. Her citrus-rose perfume covered me welcomingly.
She inhaled sharply, but I felt her wrap her arms around my waist almost instantly too, as she rested her head on my shoulder. I could feel her smile.

A large smile took over my face as my heart exploded with unbearably, inexplicably happy emotions. I felt as if a huge ton of bricks had been lifted off my chest as I nestled my face into her thick and silky, shea butter-scented hair- the smell that felt like home.

A heavy yet comfortable silence hung in the air around us as everything else momentarily disappeared into the air as we held each other. I was so at peace.
After a little while, we parted, and the beautiful and affable smile that had appeared on her face made my heart bubble with some warm feeling.

She started to let go of me, but I lowered my arms to her curved waist and held her tight, so she couldn't go. Her body above the waist was all that moved away from me. After all, I was too strong for her to let go without any difficulty.
A mischievous smirk appeared on my face as she looked at me with a mock-angry, yet adorable look. She placed her palms firmly on my chest.
Oh, the sparks.

"Chase?" She said with a tone of obvious pleasure and humor. "You better let go, really. We're in the middle of the street."

"So? Who cares? Besides, I'm enjoying this." I said casually.

She huffed. "As much as I'm gonna agree that this is quite a lovely position for me too, I'm not as bodacious as you, hon."

I laughed. A spark appeared in her eyes as she tilted her head and looked at me.
"Fine. On one condition."

"Oh?" She remarked, drawing closer. "What's that?"

I smirked.
"Spend the day with me."