Chapter 1- The High School Morning

Three months later

Simone's P.O.V

The velvet teal collared Siamese paraded on my bed and started giving the fuscous grey quilt a massage, not like the quilt could feel it or anything. The massager moved on to the cyan and white hued pillows next, pretty content in her work.

I enjoyed this view until Shady's furry paws started their massage on my head. Not like it hurt, but it apparently disturbed my dazed state of mind and my frizzed cupreous bronze locks.

I dragged the cat close to me and kind of buried her under my jaw.

"C'mere princess," I said. It took quite the effort to draw out my words, and they ended up sounding like a drawl. I guess I'm more tired than I thought. Damn my late-night study sessions.

She meowed annoyedly at this gesture of love, which in her eyes was probably an attempt by me to waste her worthy morning by burying her under my uncomfortably sharp jaw.
Don't get me wrong. It's been ever-trending to think these sassbags are doryphores on the subject of everything under the sun.

Shady snaked out of my arms, much to my displeasure. C'mon, don't these cats know how good a pillow they can be for us ailurophiles? I decided to say exactly that to her, and in response received a bored stare. The purr motor started jumping on top of my back now, trying her best to wake me up.

"Kay, kay. I get it. I'll wake up, aight?"

I received a meow in response, and my furry visitor jumped off the bed and cat walked out the door. I fussed over the fur shed, taking my usual morning mental note to brush off the chiliad valuable fur she always left behind as a souvenir.

I tried blinking away the sleep off of my eyes and glanced at the calendar to see that there were only two days left for the weekend. I finally breathed a sigh of relief.

<><><><><>

I poured out a nice amount of wet Whiskas in Shady's bowl and poured water in the next one. Then I gulped down my muesli. It was necessary to give the head of the family their meal first, a widely-shared belief. Ash and I happened to follow it too.

She ate away at her scrumptious breakfast, while I checked my reflection in the mirror. The grey overcoat hung over my shoulders, falling at my knees. The red crop top peeked from behind the dull layers, providing a stark contrast to my dark grey jeans. It wasn't much but it worked for me.

Asher 'Ash' Cohen came out of his room dressed in a black sweater and black jeans. He was a pretty fella, that roommate of mine, with that dyed grey hair and grey eyes. A pale looking guy but a good-looking one at that. He looked like he'd be from Loch Leven or someplace- heavenly places give birth to heavenly-looking people, after all.

"Can we leave already? That is, if you're done checking yourself out?" He said.

I raised an eyebrow at him. A hot expression of mine, I guess. That and my lip-biting.

"My self-confidence doesn't permit me to do that."

He blinked his eyes. "Where are my glasses? I'm clearly blind then."

I rolled my eyes. "Ohkay, douchebag. I was checking out Shady."

He decided to be dramatic. "I can't believe it, you-"

I threw his bag at his face. "Don't you dare, dork."

He laughed, so did I, shaking my head. "Alriight, let's go. Bye Shade!"

"Byeee baby!" I said, kissing Shady before leaving.

We'd discussed everything from the type of government our country needs to the most expensive breeds of bunnies before we came near the gates and I waved bye to Ash, who joined his group of friends. I went to my girls, too.