~Sixteen~

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

February 18th, 2016

Yoongi blinked slowly as he watched Hoseok laugh gleefully at something Jungkook was doing, his laugh echoing through the park. Namjoon was reading a book beside Yoongi on one of the benches. Seokjin was taking pictures of himself and the group. Jimin and Taehyung were passing the basketball back and forth on the court. He had been at the basketball court with all the guys for a while now. He had lost track of time. He was content though. He closed his eyes and let his mind take him away as he drifted into a nap.

Namjoon shifted next to Yoongi, making him slowly open one eye. The sky was painted red and orange as the sun slowly disappeared behind the trees. Namjoon had stood up and was making his way over to the rest of the boys, who were all laying on the court watching the sky. Yoongi thought about joining them but was too relaxed to move. Instead, he breathed in the smells of the air around him and watched the sky turn from fire red to deep ocean blue. The stars and moon sparkled above them lighting up the court with their brilliant light.

They stayed like this for a while longer. Namjoon pointed out constellations with Jungkook eagerly taking in all the information. Jimin and Taehyung sat together singing a beautiful duet, Seokjin joining in on some parts. Hoseok's head lay across Namjoon's lap, relaxing as Namjoon ran his hands through his hair. Yoongi grimaced when his heart started to ache from loneliness again. He tried to push the feeling away. He didn't like it when he felt this way.

"Hey, Yoongi Hyung!" Yoongi jumped when he heard Jimin call for him. "Why don't you come over here instead of sitting by yourself?!"

"No, I'm fine over here," Yoongi answered him, looking down.

"Get your butt over here or I'll drag you!" Seokjin yelled at him. Suppressing a smile, Yoongi joined them. He sat down next to Jungkook and leaned back on his hands. On normal circumstances, Yoongi would be uncomfortable, but for some strange reason, he felt at peace with the other six boys. He felt a sense of belonging.

"What's wrong, Hyung?" Jungkook asked, noticing Yoongi's confused expression.

"He's just worried that he won't be seeing Heeyoung as often now that they've graduated!" Hoseok teased, playfully hitting Yoongi's arm.

Graduation. Yoongi frowned at the thought. He was pretty sure his parents forgot about it because he was the only person who didn't have a parent figure smothering him in hugs and kisses and giving him flowers. He was sitting by himself until Goo had sniffed him out, bringing Heeyoung and Mrs. Lee with her. Heeyoung and her grandma congratulated him, making him feel a little better. Later the guys took them out to celebrate. Heeyoung left early to celebrate with her loved ones while the guys finished eating and came to the basketball court.

"Aww, don't worry, you guys get to see each other in a couple of days at the- hmph!" Taehyung didn't finish his sentence because Seokjin had covered his mouth with his hand.

"Don't be discouraged Yoongi, Heeyoung won't forget about you just because you have graduated." Seokjin smiled reassuringly at Yoongi before finally letting go of Taehyung.

"You all are weird. I'm not worried about anything except that fact." Yoongi stated, glaring at them halfheartedly.

"You might be right about that," Namjoon answered with a shrug.

"As for Heeyoung-" Yoongi was interrupted by Jungkook.

"Hey Hyung, it's only in a couple of days. Shouldn't you tell Yoongi now so he has time to prepare?" Jungkook asked, turning to Seokjin.

"Oh, well I guess you're right." Seokjin nodded, turning to Yoongi.

"Tell me what?" Yoongi raised his brow curiously.

"You may have noticed that some of us-" He gave Taehyung and Jungkook each a glare. "-have been hinting at something happening on the 21st. My family is having a fancy party and I'm allowed to invite whoever I want as long as they don't embarrass them. Honestly, now that I think about it, I don't think I'll be able to take the maknae line..." He trailed off.

"So it's up to you to ask Heeyoung to the party!" Jimin shouted in excitement from beside Taehyung. "It's the perfect way to get her to fall in love with you! I can see it now! You two slow dancing on the dance floor attracting the attention of everyone in the room!"

"Oh, I love you so much Heeyoung!" Taehyung exclaimed, poorly imitating Yoongi.

"I love you too, Yoongles!" Jimin exclaimed back. They hugged and pretended to kiss.

"You guys are idiots." Yoongi glared at them, clearly not impressed.

"And you have to make sure she agrees to go because we already made the arrangements for us all," Namjoon told him.

"That dress wasn't cheap so make sure you tell her she's beautiful!" Hoseok told him with a huge smile. "And try not to swoon too hard!"

"I do not 'swoon'." Yoongi glared at him.

"Oh, you are totally going to swoon!" Jimin laughed as he exposed Yoongi. "We've all seen the picture of the dress, Yoongi. If you don't want to confess, then I'll tell her for you!"

"You wouldn't dare!" Yoongi growled. He felt annoyed by all of their jabs at him.

"I've almost done it before!" Jimin countered.

"Ok, ok chill everyone! Yoongi will talk to Heeyoung tomorrow and then we will all go and have fun at this party. We won't disturb Yoongi's time with her, only watch from afar." Namjoon said to calm everyone down. Yoongi gave him a look, not sure if he liked this arrangement either.

"And besides, if he fails to confess at the party, he can always do it while we are on our trip overseas! I hear we'll be staying at a beach house." Jungkook said with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

"You guys are all lunatics. Heeyoung and I are friends. That's how it has always been and that's how she wants to always be, end of discussion!" Yoongi exclaimed.

"Are you sure that's what she wants?" Jimin asked lightly.

"Wait 'til you see her all dolled up on the 21st. Then you'll change your mind." Taehyung smiled at him cheekily.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

A/N: Are you excited about the party? I am!

Please kindly let me know if I made any mistakes so I can strive to be better, thank you.

Please click the little star if you enjoyed this chapter and comment on your thoughts!