Familiar Symptoms

Chapter 20

When Ezekiel learned what butler Asher informed him about Ashlyn having a fever. He immediately rushed to her room and barged inside. "Ashlyn, are you alright? I'm sorry I didn't come last night. Ashly are you o---" He askingly yelled but he didn't finish what he said. He saw Ashlyn sleeping peacefully and his father looking at him intensely and was signaling him to be quiet. His father didn't stop signaling until Ezekiel, understood that his father was signaling 'Be quiet or else you'll be punished.' Ezekiel flinched and was nodding nervously. "Oh god, what the hell did I just do?" He asked in his thoughts.

Ezekiel didn't speak a thing and just silently approaching the chair and he sat. Then someone barged in the door it was Ava and Nina looking extremely worried and their eyes were swollen. I think they were worried about their lady too much. They trembled when the master Victor and young master Ezekiel were staring at them and like the viscount did to Ezekiel they signaled Ava and Nina to be quiet. Nina and Ava looked at what their masters were pointing it was their lady Ashlyn who was sleeping peacefully like an angel. Like Ezekiel did a while ago they just nodded endlessly and stand beside Ashlyn on the other side of the bed.

A few minutes after the room wasn't noisy or deadly silent, the room was really silent with an air of sadness and worried was what they feel and if Ashlyn was awake, she would also feel it.

The silence was broken when again someone barged in the room. It was Philip who was very lively. "Good morning, how's Ashlyn? Did she woke-up now?" he asked with a big smile, he halfling screamed what he asked. Then his lively face became pale when he saw his niece Ezekiel, his brother Victor, and two maids he didn't know their name was staring at him intensely. Their gazes we're all lock in Philip's. Philip was about to back away when he saw his older brother Victor clenching his right hand. Then Victor lift his right hand and made it a thumbs-up figure then he length it in a horizontal. Then he swiftly crossed it in his neck and then pointed his index finger to his brother Philip. Philip gulp, he knew what it means and others in the room also know what it means. Then Victor stand, Philip now steps backward. But in a short time, Ashlyn groaned and woke. "Thank you, my niece, you saved this uncle of yours. Thank you. I will definitely take care of you until you recover from your awful fever." Philip thanked Ashlyn in his thoughts. "Ashlyn, my niece, it's good that you already woke." He said happily.

Everyone saw how his eyes beamed and light up. They didn't know why he was acting like that but they saw he was staring at someone and said that Ashlyn was awake. And they turn their gaze to Ashlyn who was weakly trying to sit down. Ava helped her lady to sit up straight. Nina poured a glass of water for Ashlyn. Ezekiel approached her and sat beside her. And Victor her father who also sat beside her and holds her hand. While Philip was left standing alone and watching them worriedly taking care of her niece. While they easily forgot that he was there. Inside Ashlyn was flustered but she didn't show it, she remained plain-faced. Who wouldn't be flustered when she woke up surrounded by people who are rushing to take care of her and being really worried about her. Philip couldn't take it and go to Ashlyn he pushed the maids lightly aside. And he also pushed Ezekiel aside from the bed. He left some space so he could sit in the bed, Ezekiel changed his worried face to a scary face. Philip felt his other niece, Adrian changed the air of his aura. Because Ezekiel a while ago had a warm aura now, he had a scary and dark aura. Philip felt chills about it.

Ashlyn noticed him, 'Uncle Philip? You protected and sacrifice yourself for me in many of my lifetimes. Thank you. I have seen you again. This is only natural that I see you here again. But this day you look much warmer than before. But why? Why must you protect me in my past lives? I'm not you're real niece so why? I'll at least thanked you for now. And maybe one day I'll hear an answer from you.' She said in her thoughts.