Tenth Reincarnation

Chapter 2

'Why am I here? Why is it dark in here?' walking and walking in the pitch black of darkness no light was seen. 'Am I in hell? Didn't I die again?' she questions herself once again. Still walking she reached a white door. Opening the door, she saw a light; An extreme light.

"Mia, Mia, Mia wake up the viscount is gonna fetch you around noon" mother Teressa gently said. Rubbing her eyes, she didn't realize at first that she was reincarnated again. She stood up straight on her bed looking plainly at mother Teressa who was smiling cheerfully. She looked around seeing her old room in the orphanage and the one who take care of her when she was young. On the left side of her bed, she saw a small table and a mirror. She immediately took the mirror that was resting on the table. When she saw her reflection, she realized, she came back at the age of 7. "Mia, are you alright?" she looked at mother Teressa's worried face. Mia just nodded. She puts down the mirror that she was holding. Mother Teressa sight "Then go wash your face and go down to eat with the other kids, Okay?" mother Teressa turned away and gone outside but before going out of Mia's room, Mia chased her and hugged her from the back "Mother Teressa, I'm leaving at noon, right? When I'm gone will you miss me? Someday if I'm an adult I'll be going back here to see you" she sadly said. If an orphan is being adopted it's the law of the empire of Rubinum that the orphan must not go back or visit the orphanage if she/he is passed her/him-coming-of-age–ceremony. To prevent orphans from being lost, to prevent being used, abused, and for homeless children's not astray of evil. And if the adopter abandoned the orphan, the adopter will be charged with his/her two-year salary and the orphan will have the salary of the adopter.

She was shocked at first at what Mia did and said, but her shock disappeared and a smile curved into her lips. Turning back and facing Mia, she kneeled. Her right-hand caresses her cheeks and the other one patted her head. "I'll wait for you, my future lady. For now, learn to be lady-like. And pass your coming-of-age-ceremony Okay now, don't be sad. After this go down have breakfast, and enjoy your last day happily *she wipes her tears and puts a big smile*" Mia nodded understanding what she said. Going down the stairs, Mia was left outside her room. Coming back inside, she washed her face. Mia gathered all of her books and some clothes for the arrival later arrival of the viscount. She sat back again on her bed and think why did she come back again? What is the purpose of her lifetime? Questions, that troubled her so much. "I'm tired of this. Why does God give me this curse? I'm tired of what I have done on my reincarnations. I'm tired of pretending that I can survive as the villainess. I'm tired of getting killed in the end" after she cries all her tears out, she wiped her eyes and goes to the bathroom. Splashing her face with water to not be noticed her swollen eyes. Looking at the mirror, seeing the face of the once happy girl thinking happily of getting adopted and having a new family. Lies. There was no happiness, there was only hatred. Something strikes her what if she didn't forsake all the hardships maybe, she can peacefully die with no hatred, no loneliness, no cruelty. Or maybe she lived a peaceful life.

Going down the stairs Mia saw the other kids running from the hallway to the dining room. She reached the dining room. The long table was filled with loaves of bread, a glass carafe of milk and water, butter, and boiled eggs. Many kids were eating joyfully Mia found a vacant seat from the left side of the table. She was about to sit when a boy stands from his chair. The boy took the back of the chair and pushed it back so she could sit. Mia sat down and the boy pushed the chair forward for she can sit properly. The boy sat down again beside Mia. Mia thanked him and he just nodded. Eating quietly, she was going to get the boiled eggs but it was too far. She tapped the boy who helped her a while ago. "Can you pass me the boiled eggs?" she calmly said. He picked up the bowl of eggs and gave it to Mia. 'Here' he plainly said. Again, Mia thanked him and gave him a small smile.

AFTER BREAKFAST

-FlashBack-Mia was at the orphanage's small library. She was finding books to read when something catches her eyes. "Mother Teressa, can I have this book? I want to read it while traveling*raising the book*" she just mouthed 'yes' and focused again on the kids she was teaching. While walking back to her room Mia reads the book's title – Moon's Goddess

-End of Flashback-

Under the big tree, there was Mia who was reading quietly. Someone stood up and blocked the remaining sunlight reflecting her skin. She noticed that it was a figure of a boy so she raised her head and saw the boy who helped her in the dining room. " My name's Ari. Are you the one who is going to be adopted by the viscount? Lucky for you. What's your name?" then Ari sat beside Mia "If you don't mind" she just nodded. "Yes, your right I am the one who's going to be adopted. My name's Mia. Nice to meet you" for a while they talked much not caring that it was afternoon already, the time that Viscount Victor De Alegro fetches Mia.

"Mia, where are you?" Ari and Mia heard mother Teressa shout. Mia held Ari's hand and ran to where mother Teressa was. "Sorry, Mother Teressa. I'm here. We lost track of the time" she shortly explained. "The viscount is here, hurry and pack your luggage. The viscount is waiting for you outside the gate" the tone of mother Teressa's voice was very serious with a slight nervousness in it. Mia was surprised at first but it faded away and just nodded. She removed Ari's hand and run to her room. Leaving mother Teressa, and Ari behind. Before she was about to enter her room, she heard footsteps like someone was running up the stairs. She turned her head and saw Ari smiling widely and gone to his room. Mia was confused why is Ari smiling? But then she shook her head and entered her room. Mia immediately took her luggage and ran outside until she saw mother Teressa talking to a tall man. Without a glimpse, she already knows who was he – Victor De Alegro. She approached mother Teressa and the viscount saw her. They looked at each other eye to eye. "Mia!!!" Ari shouted while running fast as he can. He was gasping for breath, then he gathered his breath "Mia, this is for you. This necklace is from my mother although I haven't seen her*he gave her the necklace and letter*. It's okay though, and oh this letter read it while you're traveling. This letter and necklace will always remember me so don't forget me. Someday I'll find you" he said at length to her. Mia smiled at him and hugged him not that tightly "I'll be waiting" she happily said. He was blushing hard he couldn't handle it he ran back to the orphanage. Ari turned back again and walked backward, he waved farewell to Mia.

Viscount Victor who was observing the young kid's bid farewell. He saw the young girl's teardrop. That right away the young girl wiped it quickly. "Viscount, please swear that you will take care of Mia. And never let her experienced cruelty" she said seriously. That made Mia stopped and l looked at the viscount. "I swear" with a sincere tone of voice. Now they were waiting for the carriage to arrive.

The carriage then arrived. The coachman goes down from where he sat in the front, he opened the door for the Viscount and Mia. The viscount supported Mia's hand entering the carriage. Mia sat down in the opposite sit of the viscount. Mother Teressa just watched the carriage go away. Mia looked outside the window seeing Mother Teressa was gone. It was silent between them. Until the viscount broke the silence "For now on call me father. You have big brothers in the residence. Adrian is the elder and Ezekiel is the second" Mia just nodded. Mia opened her luggage finding a pen and a piece of paper. He was confused but the viscount his father didn't show it. "May I ask who is the head butler? Who is the head maid? How many are the maids in the household? And how many are the knights guarding the house?" she directly asked. "Asher is the head butler, he has been serving the house seen he was 18. Lina is the head maid and is the wife of Asher. In the house, there's 20 maids and 15 knights guarding the front house and 20 shadow knights guarding their masters" he didn't hesitate to say. He watches Mia writing what he said. When Mia was done writing she returned her things to her luggage and took her book. The viscount watched her reading quietly. Until the carriage stopped and then again, the coachman opened the door. The viscount was the first to get out of the carriage. And soon Mia gets out seeing the large, luxurious, and elegant mansion. 'Hmm, I'm back' she said in her head.