Punishment

Chapter 15

The viscount comes back to his office seeing there his sons and daughter who never left. Ashlyn stood she hesitated at first but she felt hot liquid going down her cheeks. Her father noticed her and she ran towards him and hug him tightly. 'It's been a long time since I've cried. I have been resisting my tears since my second reincarnation. And now I, I've cried again. In this tenth reincarnation, so many things have changed. How brother Ezekiel became close to me. How I can finally laugh, cry, and be happy. How I can be happy by just touching you, father. Maybe I can escape the death that will be hunting me in the coming year of my coming-of-age ceremony. Maybe I can live long without dying. Maybe this will be my chance to live happily. For now, I will plan everything and make sure I have the best memories here in this residence.' Ashlyn said to herself while still hugging the viscount.

The viscount saw ran to him then hug him. He didn't recover for a while but it was like her body its own mind that he carried her and caress her back while she was still crying. His son Ezekiel was also crying then he also ran towards him then hugged him also. He didn't know why Ezekiel also cried. It was a relief that he didn't fell. But he frowned when his other son Adrian runs towards him with a big grin on his face. Adrian hesitated at first but then he still did it. He looked at him like he is saying 'Don't you dare' but when he was about to say something. It was already late Adrian throw himself to his father. All of them fell to the ground. Instead of being angry, they laughed at what they did. 'I don't want to lose this.' Ashlyn said to herself.

The viscount kicked his two sons out of his office. Outside the door of his office, Adrian and Ezekiel looked like abandoned dogs waiting for their owner to let them in again. Ezekiel then sighs, "Hah, our father just kicked us out. It's the first." He said then chuckled. "Adrian, now do you believed Ashlyn is worth being our sister. And by the way, I didn't know you wanted to be close with Ashlyn." He said while grinning. "Brother, brother, brother, do you think it will be easy for her to be my sister? Hell no. I won't allow that bastard into my life. Be close to her suit yourself but not with me." He said then walked away. "Adrian, when will you realize her good?" he left a question that Adrian can still hear. Ezekiel walked to his room.

When Ezekiel and Adrian left. The viscount has been carrying Ashlyn since his two sons left. "Father, I've been meaning to ask, why did you adopt me? Except for the fact that I know you miss your real daughter Charlotte." Her innocent voice was heard in her. The viscount sat while still carrying her before answering "I adopt you because you look like my late wife, Adalyn. Charlotte looked like me and his brothers. Charlotte has dark brown hair and gray eyes. But you, you really look like my wife. You have lavender color hair with few strands of black. And your blue eyes sparkle like blue gems. You know if Adalyn has another Daughter with me it must be you but that's impossible because Adalyn died giving birth to Charlotte. But that's not the only reason I adopted you, I adopted you because when your smile you look like Adalyn. You have a gentle and sweet smile." He said while caressing her hair.

Ashlyn hugged him again. 

"Father, what will be your punishment? Don't hesitate, It's okay. I'm okay with any punishment." She showed him her smile that was big that will reach her ears. "Then my punishment will be," he didn't finish, he made her curious. "Don't ever do that again and you will be grounded in a month. And lessen your expressionless face." Ashlyn knew it wasn't really punishment in what he said to lessen her expressionless face. She jumped down then faced her father. Then saluted to him and said 'Yes, sir'. They both chuckled.

Her father escorted her to her room. He waited for her to sleep. Ashlyn was a fast-sleeper he leaves her in her bed. But before he left, he gave her a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Goodnight, papa." Ashlyn mumble. He smiled, "Goodnight my lavender. Sweet dreams." He said then leaves her room. He called her lavender because her hair is lavender color.